Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If you catch a really big fish - how do you feel?

Re: If you catch a really big fish - how do you fe

You could always come up with a compromise....
    If you like Sashimi / Sushi, take a bite out of it at the side of the boat, then let it go #

We just simply have a mix of keeping and releasing... keep the odd big one, but tag and release a lot too. (I am talking more tuna / pelagics)

The key thing in my mind is that any fish we keep is used and never wasted... no matter what the size. #And we only take what we need.

This post from Jeffo is also adds another twist to the question
    http://www.ausfish.com.au/cgi-ausfis...num=1138653674

Cheers

Pete

Whatsa problem??, just means more fillets ...
    Unless offcourse it happens to a sailfish..I'll cut the line soon as possible n let the buggar go. Too nice a fish ta be keeping ...
    But!! most fish in the class i chase is tucker nthe biiger the better for most ...
    Cheers

Kingtin mate,
    why did you *** out the letters there mate. We all know you mean "thanks father" in heaven...
    Cheers Fritzy

chanquetas

"If you catch a really big fish - how do you feel?"

Absolutely bloody stunned!

Oh yeah,
    and i agree with chanquetas, i catch big fish so infrequently that it is bloody amazing when i get a decent one in. I am a big believer in letting go of the emotion verbally - WHOOOHOOO followed by other primal screamings, recon nailing a decent fish is up there with the best feelings in the world. Those who have been with me (mainly Jackash) know just how loud i can get...
    Cheers Fritzy

bidkev

Quote Originally Posted by fritzy
    Kingtin mate,
    why did you *** out the letters there mate. We all know you mean "thanks father" in heaven...
    Cheers Fritzy
    Yeah Fritzy, you may well be right After an hour of going through he;ll with a manta I may wee invoke the Father's name.............or at least his son, when I get to see the size of the bloody manta

kev

Many people lose their tempers merely by seeing you keep yours.

HOw do I feel after catching a real bigun - usually stuffed!

GOOD SUBJECT!!
    I GET AS MUCH PLEASURE CATCHING BRONZIES (BLACKFISH) ON LIGHT GEAR OR GOOD SIZE BREAM IN CHALLANGING WATERS USING SKILL NOT INSTRUMENTS, I HAVE DRIFTED OVER HUGE FLATTIES AND SAID G'DAY MATE & CARRY ON! I HAVE NO INTEREST IN SERVING HIM UP, FISHING IS A RESPITE AND PLEASURE AND NOT FOOD DEPENDANCE FOR ME THAT'S WHAT SUPERMARKETS ARE FOR.

CATCH'EM TAKE A PIC, & LET THEM GO FOR OTHERS TO DO THE SAME AND TARGET THE BUDGET PLENTIFUL SIZE,

SMALLER FISH ARE SWEET!!
    CHEERS!

Hey Phill
    Sound's like your gettin older bro! Sadly your not on Your Own [smiley=bigcry.gif]
    Early Teens are all rape & pillage. [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]
    Then its hunt n gather [smiley=gorgeous.gif](usually for the family)
    After that we usually look back and wonder where It all went wrong [smiley=helpa.gif]

Just jokin mate but like all stories their is usually a bit of truth chucked in.
    Have done more than my share of hunting (land & sea) over the years.
    So whether its having a trophy stagg in my crosshairs, or finally getting that prize fish beside the boat. You need to make a quick decision.

OK SO WHAT DID YOU DO ???????

Did you squeeze the triger & call for the gaf?

Or did you just watch the big fella go about his day, while the wind was in your favour, knowing that you could have taken him out at anytime.?

Or did you gently net your prize, take a pic and thank him for a great fight as you swim him back over the side?

My sound pritty stupid to some but untill you've done both you would'nt understand.
    Its all about enjoying the moment!
    Iv'e been guilty of doing both but you may know my style as of late.

Cheers Payney

Big or little duzzn't matter I don't think. I feed a school of bream in my canal (sort of like pets) and catch one every so often (when the missus wants a feed) and serve it up without any worries. My old man caught one there (on a cooked prawn head!!) a couple of years ago and I swear it was the biggest bream i ever saw. Didn't weigh it but it had to bust 2 kilo's should've had a lump on it's head. Anyway I said he should release it as it must have been bloody older than him but being old school and a fisho from Noahs boat he decided to keep it and eat it, as we did. Point I make is I sort of felt sorry for that old fish who probably was too old to breed but I reckoned deserved a better & more honorable way to go. Oh well, FOOD CHAIN I guess!!
    Shaman.