Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: !3 mths long service leave starts today.  Yip

!3 mths long service leave starts today.  Yip

Having observed over the past couple of years that the very best fishing weather and the cheapest petrol both usually happen mid-week, notwithstanding that that is also when the boat ramps are uncrowded and so are the waterways, especially from those disruptive cruisers and pesky jet skis, I have finally decided to cash in all of my long service leave and annual leave in one go and explore Moreton Bay and the Pin to my hearts content mid week every week for 13 months. Yippeeee!

Today was my last day at work until sometime next year. Yahooo!!!!

There are some benefits in working for the same company for 40 years. Yippeeee!

Yippeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: !3 mths long service leave starts today. #Yip

13 months you are going to know the bay like the back of your hand by the time you are finished and probably won't want to go back to work

Have you got a plan of attack eg target new species, find some more productive ground or going to wing and see where the tide takes you? Should be fun either way, have fun.

dude, jealous is what i am,wish i could stay in one place long enough to get 13 months for good behaviour! make sure you leave enough for everybody! congrats mate!

finga64

Gotta be happy with that
    Might see you down that way. Good isn't being able to go fishing mid week. No people, no cruisers, no jet skis, no worries.
    Tuesday or Wednesday are the best for lack of people. And yep, cheaper fuel to boot.
    40 years. How many companies would still be open after 40 years???
    Enjoy your holidays matey

Congrats Charleville...40 yrs...man thats some achievement and a well earned rest...trust you enjoy it and catch many PB's during that time.

cheers

rhys
    ><((((º>.¸.•'´¯)

Life is a mystery to be lived, not a problem to be solved, Gabriel Marcel

yes another congrats..

i guess u will be able to post up all the best "spot x"'s
    after 12 mths allowing one month of bad weather ...

'MUD ISLAND" better not come into it ...

i'm in the same boat but i hope to travell around aussie for 12mths

maybe a little fruit picking so i can buy some snappa fillets ...

snappa
    "whats the time"

Bloody hell mate! Ya got 13 months long service and you want to spend it fishing Moreton Bay?I'd be spending at least some of that time a bit further afield {Weipa the kimberlies].I doubt you'll ever be able to get that sort of leave again[I'm sure you'd run out of time],Moreton Bay!!!LOL

Hey Snappa ther's always work on the banana farms up here all year round.There is usualy something for every age.

Wow, 13 months, hard to imagine... must have been a good company to work for or a really good job.
    Congratulations and enjoy your well earned break I am sure.
    See you on the 18th, dont forget your photo.
    Kind Regards
    Lloyd

"Have you got a plan of attack eg target new species, find some more productive ground or going to wing and see where the tide takes you?"

No - apart from catching a really big tuskie, I just want to get some pbs. #I have only had a boat for 4 years - which I have used once or twice every week in that four years (sometimes twice in one day - ie a morning and night trip on a Saturday)- but #I have #a lot of lost time to make up for.

"I'm in the same boat # but i hope to travell around aussie for 12mths"

That would be nice. #I have spent my life travelling mostly to all of Australia's capital cities plus a little bit of overseas travel over the years, all for work. I have usually been in an aeroplane every week going somewhere for the past few years. When I was a young man, I used to travel extensively in a truck in country areas. #So, to be honest, I would almost pay money to not see the inside of an aeroplane and just sit under my mango tree in the back yard for all of that time. #I have more frequent flyer points than I could use but I just want to be at home.

Bloody hell mate! Ya got 13 months long service and you want to spend it fishing Moreton Bay?I'd be spending at least some of that time a bit further afield {Weipa the kimberlies]

See the above comment - but who knows, maybe after six months or more, I might do a fishing trip to those places.

Thanks guys for these kind comments. #I do feel good. #The people at work have treated me like royalty over the past couple of weeks. #My staff sent me off with a two year subscription to a fishing magazine, a lot of wine and lots of little stuff that will come in handy out in the boat - rain jacket, tee shirts, caps, sports bag, thermos flask etc. #

I do have the odd job to do around home as well but there will be an awful lot of fishing and as I see those big planes come in over the Bay to land at the airport, I will know that I am exactly where I want to be.

Go get em mate

Tight lines charleville, I hope the fishing gods are kind to you , I spent 11 years working for my last boss but couldn't take any more, so started again same job diffrent company been there 2 years so just another 38 years to go...lmao.

Cheers Chris
    may you get a bend in your rod and your esky open often

DNO40

I wish I wish I wish.

Hope you enjoy and have a good time.......I mean why wouldn't you

DNO

Charlie

It's nice to know all the work was appreciated

Good luck with the relaxation and the fish finding and we all will be looking forward to the mid week reports so that we can be envious

Do you have a pic of the vessel so that we may identify you if we are ever out on a weekday

Angla

Well done Charleville.
    It'd be so gratifying to have enough faithful service to get 13 months!!

DO NOT forget the sunscreen.....you'd get an awful lot of sunburn after 13 months of fishing