Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: WIN FREE CHARTER WITH MONO

WIN FREE CHARTER WITH MONO

Yep thats right, FREE.
    The reason I'm donating this rtip is because its Mackerel season and I'm running out of reasons to tell my clients how I lost my leg. I enjoy reading all the reports etc from ausfish members I would like to give you the opportunity to come fishing aboard the 'Cavanbah' on the north coast of NSW with some other ausfish legends!
    You will be fishing with the owner of ausfish, Steve.
    The Bay guru, Webby and the soon to be, new national bearded burbler and channel 10 star-Dave 'Nugget' Downie.
    Just a few rules;
    You must be available on seven days notice.
    Male or female doesnt matter.
    You must be over the age of 16.
    You need to make your way to Brunswick Heads on the day.
    Trip is not tranferable for cash.

TO WIN, All you have to do is;
    Tell me in fifty words or less how I got the nick-name 'mono'. The answer must have a humourus angle and dont worry, I've got thick skin!!
    The winner will be judged by the above anglers and notified on this site.
    Closing date is 30th February and the trip will be in the month of March 2005.
    Good luck
    May your ratchet keep screamin'
    Captain Mark 'Mono' Stewart
    "May your ratchet keep screamin"
    www.ausfish.com.au/bpc

Re: WIN FREE CHARTER WITH MONO

Yep - I want to be in this one. Just a couple of questions - do you want the replies to be PM'd to you, or to run thru this thread. Are multiple entries allowed? Do you really only have one leg and are you REALLY thick skinned?

Tony

I've seen his second leg - it's a little bit shorter but it is multi purpose!!

Dave ><>

I have the good oil from a mate in Brunswick. For particular anatomical reasons, Mono used to be called Tripod. Then in a tragic accident at sea he lost both legs......

Having spent many hours alone at sea with Mono and sunk more than a few cans of Jimmy, I can tell you I know the truth.
    When Mono was born the doctors took one look and thought he was born deformed - three legs.
    They asked his mother what did she want to do - she said cut one off so he will grow up like a normal boy.
    The rest is history.

Dave ><>

You got the nickname "mono" because you don't trust this new fancy stuff all the kids are using called "braid".

You're deaf in 1 ear, so this stereo concept never really took off for you.

Mono is a kind of pun, you see
    It stands for a type of fishing line
    And a bloke with no leg below one knee.

Mark was nick named mono when he was 17. He drove his rust bucket mitsibishi sigma down the road and put on the windscreen - $10 000 M.O.N.O. Instead of having O.N.O for "or nearest offer". His mates asked him what it stands for. Mark said "may overcharge new owner".

Google tells me that Mono is street talk for infectious mononucleosis- aka the kissing disease.

Rumour has it that Mark contracted this disease (and then the moniker) some years ago when he was doing Rex Hunt impersonations with released fish

Quote Originally Posted by mono
    Closing date is 30th Febuary #
    Now thats a good way to offer something free and not have to give it up

One will be waiting a long time for the 30th of Feb so that the comp can be drawn
    Cheers
    Mark

Well spotted Mark! I missed it.

now we all know that mono = 1

sooo......

Your mum and dad named you mono cause you are an only child. Could go along the lines of "he was sooooo ugly when he was born we decided to stop at one. Therefore we named him mono."

Or dad only got to have his way with mum once before you were conceived. After that he didn't get any action so he calls you mono. Short for mono root.

rofl alex

Alex, come on mate....can you fix up your avatar/note please - don't insult the Village People in such a way by making reference between them and RENDER .