Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: WIN FREE CHARTER WITH MONO

Fisher_Boats

Re: WIN FREE CHARTER WITH MONO

Mono was dropping his lead filled reef pick over in 100 mtrs water.
    Rope got caught around his leg started pulling him in.
    Looked over the side....... noas everywhere... didn't want swim with them buggas
    Had to cut her off with the bait knife. wrapped it with a rag and some insulation tape for the ride home.
    Week later all healed up.

ah well spose you gotta try

the elastic broke in his grundies so he used some 30lb MONO to tye them up. noone wants that hideous thing to escape. pick me up at the jetty ill have all the rods i need.

told ya!!

That must have been on mono's tour of africa!
    Joel
    Fishing for the thrill, not for the kill

Must be Mono's dad...only has one hand #

The sad truth of it is that Mono cut one of his legs off himself for the sake of marital harmony. #He kept getting himself into a god-awful tangle every time he tried to get his legs (both of 'em) over.

Or this one

" I actually bought the business off a guy with one leg. It was called Mono's Fishing Charters then. Well you know that they its bad luck to change the name on a boat so what choice did I have"

a quick search for mono on google reveals all...... Infectious Mononucleosis, or "mono" for short, is caused by the Epstein-Barr virus. It is a viral infection with severe symptoms that can leave you bed-ridden for weeks, even months. Mono is easily passed from person to person through contact with the saliva of someone who is infected, either through kissing (where the common title for mono, "the kissing disease", comes from) or sharing a drinking glass or eating utensil. The virus also lies in the mucus of an infected person, making it easily spread through a cough or sneeze. A person can be sick with mono for weeks, sometimes even a couple of months, before any symptoms begin to appear. The first signs of mono can easily be confused with cold and flu symptoms - fever, headache, sore muscles and swollen lymph nodes. When extreme fatigue sets in it's almost a sure sign of mono. Sometimes it is too much of an effort to even take a shower.
    now lets add it up.... is mono short? yep espically when it's his shout at the bar.
    does he stay in bed for weeks ? the ausfish rumor mill indicates this is also true.
    is mono easily passed? (with one leg what do u think) but this is a trick Q? so i also asked some of mono recent err .... love intrests
    Dwight Roberts
    Indiana
    "I had mono a few years ago. My whole body swelled up and turned red. My doctor had never seen this before. He said I needed to flush my system out. My mom suggested an herbal remedy since I couldn' t take antibiotics, that' s how we found Monobrex™. The swelling slowly started to fade. Within a week the swelling was mostly gone and I went back to work. No problem. Now when ever I feel sick I flush my system out the same way. I have not had anything other than a cold since

Dawn Bell
    Texas

"I was diagnosed with mono (and also strep throat) on a Friday after three days of an extremely sore throat. I took Monobrex™ and by the following Thursday all signs that I had any infection had vanished. I was back to normal after less than a week. Thank you!"

Kayser Strauss
    Alabama

"I had Mono and I hated it. My friends were afraid to come over and didn't call. I couldn't eat and I was so tired but I was also tired of sleeping. It was terrible. My doctor said all I could do was get lots of rest and just " wait it out" , that was so frustrating. My mom' s friend is really in to natural medicine. She found Monobrex™ on the internet and ordered some for me. I was pretty skeptical but I was also really bored and in a lot of pain, too. After she explained to me how it works I tried it, along with drinking a TON of water and eating lots of vegetables. Within a week my symptoms were almost completely gone and I could get through a day without being out for the next week. It' s been less than a month since then and my life is back to normal."
    it appears to true as well.. but i still wasn't convinced so i email Rex Hunt who verified that Mono did indeeded teach him how to kiss fish(IE mono the kissing disease) Boy the evidence is stacking up.....the only thing left on the list is it to much effort for Mono to take a shower?????? i believe that mono isn't a nickname it actually is who mono is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.monobrex.com/

sorry Mr Stewart ....... but you did ask ...& i like fishin

While climbing over rocks in a freshwater canyon looking for Bass a large boulder rolled just enough to pin your leg between it and a rock wall.

After eating your only food (a Mars bar) and drinking your own urine to survive for 4 days you had a hard decision to make.

Die in the canyon and hope that they find your bones one day or cut the leg off yourself?

Fortunately you had just sharpened the filleting knife before leaving on this trip.

Don't believe this story? He has digital photos to prove it. They will most probably be put in "reports" one day.

This story is called "The Inlaws"

The first time you went to meet your prospective new parents it was decided best if your girlfriend (now wife) went first to talk to them and calm them down.

You were to meet her there in 2 hours time and have dinner with her family.

After a 4 hour drive into bush country you found the farm alright.

Cousin Cleetus was sitting on the porch playing banjo and sucking apple sauce through a straw just like your missus had said he would be.

And sure enough there was 14 pairs of boots hanging from the powerlines out front too.

lol its at this stage of the story that I could go in many directions to the conclusion :-)

ok I have decided #

So you meet the folks and Dad takes you on a tour of the farm.

Being a very good ventriloquist you decided to have a bit of fun with the old bloke.

As he is showing you the stable, in your best Mr Ed voice you make the horse say "well hello there".

The old man looks a bit puzzled but continues on. Showing you the pig pen you have one of the pigs say "pleased to meet you"

The oldman looks all scared and runs back to the house with you following close behind.

Dad gets to the house and says to Ma "The animals are all talking. The horse said hello and the pigs said they were pleased to meet us. If the little lambs start talking just ignore them. They are lying."

Its at this stage your missus bursts out laughing and tells dad that you can talk without your lips moving.

He looks at you with a look so evil you can feel a chill in the air. "Ma, Get my shotgun. And boy? you better start running"

Cousin Cleetus starts laughing hysterically just like all hillbillies on TV do.

You managed to get about 50m before... BOOM. The old bloke blew your leg off. He calmly walked up to you, raises the shotty to your head and says "son, let that limp remind you of me. Welcome to the family"

With that he walks away to drink some of his moonshine.

You got married in the following spring.

Mono was so proud to show how rough his skin and his line was, that he caught a shark and proceeded to rub it up with his leg, well the shark wasn't too happy about this and proceded to munch off his leg after being violated so. However it was still caught on his line. His mono was tougher than his leg and thus, mono was born.

The first time I met Mono was at the Brisbane Boat Show a coupla years ago. When I saw him walking up to me, I thought he was going to a fancy dress party, what with the one leg and crutch, a hook on one hand and an eye patch. I went up and said, wot's with the pirate look, and he said he was fair dinkum and not putting it on. I said OK, so how'd ya lose the leg mate, and he told me about a huge Spaniard that they lifted in to the boat a bit green, and as it thrashed around, it took off his leg. OK says I wot about the hook on ya arm, and he told me about a big Wahoo, again brought in green that thrashed around and took his hand off as he was trying to retrieve his lure. OK says me again, wot about the eye patch, and he tells me that he was trolling for schoolies one day, and looked up to see if there were any clouds around and a seagull flew over and crapped in his eye. I says that I got ya there, 'cause seagull sh!t won't take ya eye out, and mono says yeah, but when you've only had a hook instead of a hand for week, anything can happen. Similar thing happened to his right testicle when he woke up hung over and itchy shortly after the hook was fitted. So there you have it. One leg, one hand one eye and one gonad, pretty easy to see why you'd call the bugger Mono!!!!
    Dale

I fish because the little voices in my head tell me to

Ok, sorry, I forgot about the 50 word limit.

The whole thing has been a ploy for a long time.

You heard that fishing was going to become a sport at the special olympics. In anticipation of this long awaited event you had your body modified to please the judges.

hmmm since i have no creativity i will just pay to go on a trip in April
    Bring on the Marlin!!!

Captain Mark Stewart had an obsession with a huge whale, Moby Dick. The whale caused the loss of Mark’s leg years before, leaving Mark to stomp the boards of his ship 'Cavanbah' on a peg leg. Mark is so crazed by his desire to kill the whale, that he is prepared to sacrifice everything, including his life, the lives of his crew members, and even his ship to find and destroy his nemesis, Moby Dick. Hence his nickname "Mono" for his one track mind, and "Mono" for his ‘one’ leg!! Esme