Thread: Still Around

Still Around

Gday all.
    Just a quick note to say I'm still around the fishing circles but have been without a computer for a bit. I still am actually but I've jumped on Moffy's while he's up in Weipa fishing, the dirty mongrel. He's just texted me to say he's landed a 1.45 m Barra, yeah right. Anyway I'll be back on deck in a little while, hope to catch up then.
    I'll leave with a nice pic I took of Moffy from just the other day when we picked up my brothers new Polycraft Frontier (it's huge) from J&B Marine in Ingham. Caught from Brittomart Reef (first time out that way)
    Cheers, Mark.

Re: Still Around

Very nice. heard there good on the table!

no take these days mate, it was released asap.
    Cheers, Mark.

awesome looking fish those barramundi cod.

good stuff

Bring on the Marlin!!!

Looks like you caught it on a handline.... How'd it fight?

Beautiful looking fish!

Good to see your still around too Daintree!

Always seems to be heaps down that way. I've seen lots in the last year while diving they look unreal underwater they let you get right up close for a good look very pretty. Thought you must of been taken by a big fingermark over summer daintree.

I'm reliably told that the b. cod are on the increase since they became a protected species. #Leo_N. says he catches them very often whereas a couple of years ago they were a rare catch.

Also glad to hear that you are still around daintree boy. I spend a lot of time on this site #[smiley=blush.gif] * and its amazing how you notice when some people haven't posted for a while.

*I do have a life - but I blame the weather for interrupting my fishing. Bought a river boat so i could do stuff for when we can't get outside and now its rained for weeks and the river is full of crap

whinge, moan

Tony

Definately, definately, definately, definately on the increase. I would nearly go as far to say that the b cod is in plague proportions! Dived brittamah a few weeks ago and saw no less then 10 that size - possibly the one you are holding too. Saw at least 50 for the day and these are not a schooling specie of fish.

Dived old reef about a month ago (off Cape Upstart) and there would of been 1 in EVERY bombie inside the lagoon. Funny thing is the other fish that I saw most was the maori wrasse and the qld grouper. 3 no take species and they were the most prolific species I saw all day.

THERE IS NO SHORTAGE OF BARRA COD!

I was once told they (Barramundi cod) are the best eating fish bar none!

I later heard they are not an eligible species.

Amazing looking fish.

roz
    GO THE CRUISER UTES!

....OH WHAT A FEELING!

Quote Originally Posted by roz
    I was once told they (Barramundi cod) are the best eating fish bar none!
    roz
    Several years ago before travelling to see some friends near Gulgong(west of the Great Dividing Range) I bought a barramundi cod and a coral trout at the Sydney Fish Markets to give them a treat. The b.cod was OK, but for mine, the trout swam rings around it for taste.

Tony

I understand that the b.cod were very popular as a live fish in Asia - they used to be exported live like trout for that market.

Yo Mark, certainly long time no see/ hear !

Miss ya ............NQ reports mate !

Nice.........Albino Spotted Barra-codi

Cheers Phill
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

I agree Tony I killed one a long time ago and ate it very soft flesh nice but not trout. Also agree with Mick in that there appears to be lots of wrasse and b- cod around now when diving just find it hard to think the no take would be the reason just yet.

Daintree who?
    Noticed you missing but just knew you'd be back so really didn't worry that much. Where are the fingermark this time of year?
    Any fishing is good fishing (should probably say Any fishing is...probably going to be illegal soon)

I think fresh coral trout has to be the best eating fish there is, like eating lollies, you just cant stop, especially if it was caught that day.

Muzz

Thanks guys. Moffy put up a report recently of our last exploit on teh Fingermark. Did you see the pic of his? It was a beuty so we're still into em, gotta luv em eh!!