Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: DIRTY UNDIES-THE BAR

DIRTY UNDIES-THE BAR

A lot of you have probably already seen this but, here it is again. This guy is really bad at judging were the channel is OR one hell of a thrill seeker!!
    Reminds me of Brunswick Bar on a good day!
    Enjoy.
    Cheers
    "May your ratchet keep screamin"
    www.ausfish.com.au/bpc

Re: DIRTY UNDIES-THE BAR

Starting to break, better get movin'!
    www.ausfish.com.au/bpc

I take it Windarra is sitting on the backside of those little waves

No Webby 'Windara' is still stuck in the factory for another week or so, bugger.
    Good to see you back Brian, how was the land of 'family love'?
    Cheers
    www.ausfish.com.au/bpc

Mate have a read in Saltwater report estuary, and watch ya taste bud dribble

Mono, give you odds on its hawaii, see the tall whip stick on top of the wheelhouse?
    Whip stick..... what are they for?

Hi 1810B, I've fished in Hawaii a few times and have honestly got no idea what a whip stick is for. Maybe someone out in ausfish land might know?
    Cheers
    www.ausfish.com.au/bpc

Googled this (from an article on the Mayflower):

The whipstick is a pole down below on the ship which you can push left and right. There is a person on deck who tells the person down below what to do to steer the ship.

Mike

Hi all, is that a dolphin just off the bow of the boat in the second picture.

Cheers.

MAL.

Quote Originally Posted by MAL
    Hi all, is that a dolphin just off the bow of the boat in the second picture.

Cheers.

MAL.

Nope, I reckon it's the tender

ya never know.

Cheers.

MAL.

Nah thats him bailing out

Mono, when I first started fishing yellowfin, my Jap agent gave me some info in what the Hawiians were using to catch their tuna other than longline. The set up was a long (read high) fibreglass pole set onto the wheelhouse or oher high spot on the boat. From this they ran like a long teaser line out over the stern sometime with terminal tackle on it with release clips. Apparently it was a successful method for a while. In the first photo you can see the bend in the pole on the wheel house roof and in the second can see the lines laying reasonably loose. I dont say that it is what I asked, it could be just his pennant pole, but what with the wave behind him and seeing that on the roof reminded me of the videos and paperwok I was given on it back in the late 80s.

Regards Bob.

Two things

How did they get out past a sea like that in the first place and second how good is that hull to come over a greenie downhill like that and not broach - I want one .

Thats no Dolphin, thats the Grim Reaper