Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: DIRTY UNDIES-THE BAR

Re: DIRTY UNDIES-THE BAR

Mono,

I posted a series of those here about 12 months ago, I have about 12 or so given to me by a friend who lives down there, fairly spectular stuff.

It happened during the Narooma convention, the boat (in the picture) decided against advice to cross the bar.

What happened was quite amazing, they took the wave (in fishinmissins post) the anchor then fell off the boat, and hooked them up on the bar.

They were unbelievably lucky as there was a bit of a lul, the rest of the photos shows them cutting the rope. They get going just as a huge wave rolls in.

I have the original pics.

If you like I will post them again or email them to you.

regards Roz
    GO THE CRUISER UTES!

....OH WHAT A FEELING!

Hi Roz,
    Could you please post the remaining pictures up again. I would love to see them. Looks like the water is a little brown around them in that last photo! That looks awesome.

Paul, (big_ren)

yep, thats out the front. Ive been across the Narooma bar and it can be really dodgey on the back tide...... same as most. But as you can see they get some big swells rolling in down there.

I might start a worst bar topic here, but I feel the Tweed Bar IMHO before the sand by pass was worse than the Narooma Bar. The former has claimed a lot of lives over the years. On a bad day there could have been 200 metres of dangerous water on the Tweed Bar.

I've never crossed the Brunswick Bar mono, but I believe its another nasty one.

roz
    GO THE CRUISER UTES!

....OH WHAT A FEELING!

Ok fixation, No probs

I will have to dig them out again, so give me a day or two.

I am also trying to finish off a butt wrap on a rod by the weekend (need four hands)

roz
    GO THE CRUISER UTES!

....OH WHAT A FEELING!

rearry roz you could say all northen NSW river bars are the worst

sf17fisherman,

Your're right, I suppose because the Tweed gets a lot of traffic it also gets more boating accidents. I used to cross that bar in my boat when I lived up there.

cheers Roz

GO THE CRUISER UTES!

....OH WHAT A FEELING!

i doun't know the south west rocks one is getting worst each year with boats going over a fair bit and the one at port has a boat sink on it atleast every 6 mounth

hell alot of the bars like hat head and other small towns just don't exist any more nothing more now than a shallow creek bed leading over to a beach

count_baysea

its not a boat pick but i reckon a dirty undies pick.

Only time Ive seen a complete wheel house go from a trawler was on the Brunswick bar. Boat was the Omega and someone go photos of the action. The pics were on the wall of the Brunswick coop( most likely still there. Its only taken me a week to think of the boats name. In another week I will remember the skippers name. Not old just slowing.

Those pic's of down south are amazing.

That is some serious crazyness.

MAD!

Yes 1810B the photos are still on the wall at the co-op. I'll see if I can sneak a photo with my digital tomorrow and then post them.
    Roz, it would be great to see the whole series of shots in sequence.
    I'd have to agree about north coast bars, none are real good on average. You should have seen the bruns bar this avo! There is so much silt runoff from the new highway road works and already a heap of it has been deposited IN the bar. I'll take a photo tomorrow and post it. I wonder if the road builders are responsible for now dredging the bar to make it reasonably safe again. Normally the huge amount of rain we have experienced the past 24 hours (12 inches) would flush the bar out, not bloody make it ten times worse.
    I'm sure this will turn into a hot issue locally.
    Cheers
    "May your ratchet keep screamin"
    www.ausfish.com.au/bpc

Here they are Mono.

have scanned ALL the photos in the series, there is a line running through each photo, something in the MFC, don't know how to fix it....yet.

I realise some of you have already seen these before.

roz
    GO THE CRUISER UTES!

....OH WHAT A FEELING!

two
    GO THE CRUISER UTES!

....OH WHAT A FEELING!

three
    GO THE CRUISER UTES!

....OH WHAT A FEELING!