Thread: Man reported missing between redcliffe and tangalooma

Man reported missing between redcliffe and tangalooma

Reports of 63yr old male who came off his jet ski some where between redcliffe and tangalooma. Jet ski has been recovered but persons still missing. Search currently under way.

fingers crossed he's found safe and well.

Re: Man reported missing between redcliffe and tangalooma

Body recovered at 9.30am today. Pretty sad.
    Dale

I fish because the little voices in my head tell me to

Sad to hear but I have to wonder why he was out there? 20-30kts going across the bay on a jetski would be tough.

Very sad.. Ive done the trip on a ski before and it got to 15knots and was really hectic on a two seater, i was with 3 other skiis and i vowed never to do it again unless it was 5knots and under...

Many people fall for the trap at Tangalooma. You can be chilling on the beach there with 10-15 knot winds.

Then you start the trip home and find that when out of the protection of the sandhills it is actually blowing about twice as hard as you thought. As you get towards the middle of the bay it is really rough before you get back to safer water in closer to the Peninsula again.

Not saying this is what happened but it can be a trap.

Darren

I am very sorry to hear about this tragic event and my thoughts are with his family.

It was not long ago (2 years?) another tragic event happened at Shorncliffe where a man died after falling from a small tinny near Fisherman's beacon. He may have had a heart attack... I'm not sure. In any case, we have yet another reminder of the dangers of boating. Keep safe everyone.

I also wish to offer my condolences to his family. A tragic event. The only bright side , he was probably doing what he loved at the time. We can all be so lucky. Stay safe