Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Miners on the way up

Miners on the way up

At last the wait is over.
    Fantastic news, the bells are ringing, sirens are blazing, the public is arriving enmass.
    Great day to be an Aussie, even if I am only a Kiwi import.
    Tears of joy

Re: Miners on the way up

great day
    spare a thought for those that didnt come out of this

For sure Blaze, this morning is definately a time to rejoice, this afternoon I am sure everyone will reflect on the funeral service, it will be great if the boys can pop in to pay their respects, I suspect they will... great day for all I would suspect and may even help to lift some of the pain that the Larry Knight family is and has been experiencing while this drama has continued. Now the time of healing can begin
    Respectfully
    Lloyd

AND THEY WALKED OUT

Gutsy, very gutsy.... got to go, I am an hour late for work
    Cheers Lloyd

mitch_05

great to see they got out and the condition they were in looked to be excellent on the tv

mitch

Sportfish_5

Tagged out too - Well done to the rescue team and all families involved. Being in the industry brings this very close to home

vossy

Can't believe Todd Russell gave his blue tag to Kochie from sunrise when he got out. I would of thought it would be some thing to give to your kids as a reminder of what they went through.
    But the main thing is that they made it. Well done to all involved!

Great News.
    Must breed them tough in Tassie.

Best wishes for the family that lost a member.

Very sad for the family that suffered the loss. It's great to hear that the others came up in good shape though. I just heard it on the news and had to check here on Ausfish for confirmation. It's true!!! YES!!!!

Over here, we recently had two really bad coal mine tragedies. The second made worse when they announced that all miners made it out alive only to say later that they got it wrong.......all but one died! I couldn't imagine what THAT put the families through. > > >

Enough of that horribleness though. It's a great day for a change! Finally, something to be happy about!

They said that they asked for beer, smokes and Kentucky Fried chicken when they got out. I think I'll have the same (minus the smokes) tomorrow!

Good job Australia!!! Great news!!!

EC
    "When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.-- Mark Twain"

Attention all looney pinko do-gooding greenie w@nkers.

These two miners are the true Aussie spirit.
    Where are you Bob Brown and the rest of your fluffy friends??? > >
    Good on you Todd and Brant ...a great example for the rest of us.
    RIP Larry Knight.

Horrie

Larry Knight was/is a good friend of mine and will be sadly missed. A really hard working bloke who took a few hard knocks in his life. He is the most genuine, laidback, good bloke ive ever met and really would give you the shirt off his back if you needed it. RIP Sport.

Well said Horrie, couldn't agree more..

Ben

Darryl

Vossy apparently koschie had been in sms contact with him for 14 days and helped his family out as well during this time. And he wanted Koschie there when he finally got out. That explains it a bit i spose.

Darryl.

Brilliant news. What a grueling 2 weeks for those lads, and also my thoughts go out to Larry Knights family. A wondeful bunch of guys providing a great example for the younger generation. Lets hope this never happens anywhere again...

As for this thing to do with Kochie, thats flaming rediculous. Maybe a beer or a few, maybe a mateship for Kochies efforts towards looking after the families, but that god dam blue tag should be kept for years to come for his family and friends, not to some well known celebrity who most likely pestered the two fella's to the max when they came out. But today its not about that lunatic tv dude, its about the 2 'soldiers' that walked out of that 'hell-hole'

To Brant, Todd, Larry and everyone involved (excluding those f'ing vultures that belong to a TV station)

TinarooTriumph
    TT