Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spearfishing at the Seaway

Spearfishing at the Seaway

I know that spearfishing is not aloud in the seaway but what is the go for the sand pumping jetty side as when I was down there today I spotted one bloke coming out of the water on the sand pumping jetty side of the south wall with a spear gun, then on the way back to the car saw another bloke heading out on the south wall with a spear gun. I thought it could be a bit dangerous as there is so many people especially kids swimming and playing around that area.
    Cheers Ian

Re: Spearfishing at the Seaway

Thats sad news. Im often down that way with my family and dogs. Scary stuff.
    saphire.

kids have to be 65cms i think,,,, not sure on dogs
    can it get any better??????????????,,,,,,,,,,,,,,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgG_TxEPaQE

Dingos, Kelpies and Heelers are protected, all other dogs are classified as vermin no size or bag limit

land_based

What about hefty aged men in budgie smugglers??

I would think the spear fisho would be more likely to be the one endangered. If he is under the sand pumping jetty, he is likely to be skull dragged up with a gang of 4/0's in his back this time of year!!

or hit by white pointers...

I would have thought not too many people would be swimming close to that seawall.

lmao fellas! dunno if i'd wanna spear in the seaway - we got an 8ft bully in there not too long ago. not the first either.

cuzza

Quote Originally Posted by R0b
    What about hefty aged men in budgie smugglers??
    The Japs would take care of them, or should....let them take as many of those 'white whales' as they like
    I think Greenpeace would be on to you if you got one of them. #

As for the rules as to where you can spearfish.....it always was that it was illeagel anywhere form the inside of a river mouth upstream....any bays etc I assume would be outside the prohibited zone then?

Quote Originally Posted by fishn-ads
    Dingos, Kelpies and Heelers are protected, all other dogs are classified as vermin no size or bag limit

They all make pretty good crab bait.

Every try calling a dog 'crab bait'? They come trotting over almost every time.

Cheers
    GO THE CRUISER UTES!

....OH WHAT A FEELING!

As I understood it, outside the entrance it is ok.
    Are you saying a guy with a speargun is likely to spear a kid or a dog by mistake while swimming the outer wall if so he should not be allowed to have a gun in the first place.
    Anyway iank how was your charter?

Took the kids swimming in the Seaway today. Fantastic and amusing to watch the amount of bait and its poor presentation.
    Apart from that, its an aquarium out there, albeit with big sharks...

Now in fantastic visibility like today what would be the danger to my kids or myself, I'd say drastically less than driving the 5km home.

I find ganging a trio of 2/0 onto a fresh Shmako works wonders just on dusk when the blighters are out walking. Burley up with small biscuits and strips of bacon.... LOL
    Last time I was at the Seaway (Good Friday am) there were spearfisherman on BOTH sides of the wall. B*st*rds were weaving in and out of everyones lines. Only one stopped to unsnag my Rapala, kudos to him tho..
    A fish swims into a wall and says: "Dam!"

BB, The charter was great great boat, skipper and deckie who worked their butts off to give all on board a great day, ThePinkPanther will be doing a report on the day and will also be posting some photos. Cheers Ian

I'll keep my eyes peeled Ian.
    I sat on the 24's and got slammed pretty hard busted off everytime cept for a feed of Trag.
    You still on the coast and looking for a ride?
    I've got to get out there again in the next few days.

BB allways looking for a ride but am just getting over my first flu of the year (havent had a cold or the flu for 5 years), after this week I will be ready to go on a days notice but I only fish mid week as I spend the weekend earning brownie points.
    Cheers Ian