Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Snapper spike in finger [with a better pic]

Snapper spike in finger [with a better pic]

About 6 weeks ago i was cleaning my snapper at the cleaning stations at Kawana boat ramp. It was about 3am in the morning and i was in a rush due to the deckies wanting to get home. I was scalling the snap's when a spike went into my finger. The spike went in at the nail bed and poked out at the joint in my fingure. I thought that i pulled it out but i was wrong. After a couple of days i went to the doctors cause there was abit of swelling. He gave me a script for the infection and sent me on the way. I took all the medacation and thought that was it. Lately its been getting soar again so i thought that i'd play surgeon myself. After a few cans a medacation i only needed a rubber band, stanley and twezzers. After abit of ouch owch i got it. It was 1 1/2 cm long, no wonder it hurt. I still have one in my fingure joint but that can wait till next weekend if i caren't get out fishing
    The pic's ain't the best but what can you expect when i was still under anasetic
    planning the next onslaught 6.5m Profish
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Re: Snapper spike in fingure

Chris
    i hope you washed that before you took the picture.
    Wayne

MulletMan

Hope you didn't stop fishing at the time 'cos of a little prick!

nasty!

"OUCH" LOL I HOPE YOU HAVE A DOCTORS CERTIFICATE

revenge of the snapper!

Quote Originally Posted by ThePinkPanther
    Hope you didn't stop fishing at the time 'cos of a little prick! #
    Spiro's got a little prick???? PP really!!......but home surgery, he sure has guts!!!
    (anyhow I think that picture is his FINGER)

Just as well it wasn't a cattie spike or a flattie, could have had to do a full amputation with that Stanley knife with 2 x 6 pack anasthetic

the picture says a thousand words mate,,,,

1 blurred finger

tweezers

stubbie cap

the 3 most important utensils when conducting home surgery,,,

BUT WHATS WITH THE CLOTHES PEG????????

thats only used in vasectomy's aint it?????
    can it get any better??????????????,,,,,,,,,,,,,,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgG_TxEPaQE

Hi Spiro,
    An Ausfisher by the name of Good as gold was deckie on my boat about 6 months ago and got a snapper spike in his finger.He is still getting work done on his finger and its still a mess as it got pretty badly infected.I would suggest you get some more of that anestetic into ya and do a search and recovery.No seriously i would get it looked at ASAP.
    Cheers
    5cougars

it looks to me the anestectic may have been a strong one. was that the bundy bear on that cap?

cheers

lippa

Re: Snapper spike in finger

planning the next onslaught 6.5m Profish
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Re: Snapper spike in finger [with a better pic]

GRRRRRRRR... I had a piece of lamb bone about the same size jammed in between my toes...OWWWW. I bet your glad it is out now.

gday spiro,

make sure you go back the minute you start getting lines red lines up your hand/arm. you can lose a finger, or worse. the antibiotics they gave you may not have killed the bacteria - some dont work on saltwater bacteria. make sure you keep an eye on it mate. the pain and bad results that could come just dont make it worth it. hope it gets better mate.

cuzza

Were you taking your frustrations out because it wasn't a parrot Chris? Seriously though mate, they bring tears to the eye and no amount of anaesthetic really helps. Next time, let the deckies do the fish cleaning

Cheers
    Paul
    Ranger 188VX - "Sweet Chariot"

Bump
    Alcohol doesn't agree with me, but i sure do enjoy the argument!!!