Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gutted!!

gropeher

Gutted!!

Entered the Redlands Boat Club Inter club fishing comp over the weekend and had a great day out on the water on Saturday,
    Did not do that well fish wise, but none the less was a great day to be outside.

Took the family along to the weigh in on the Sunday and was in awe of all the great prizes, Live fibre Shimano rod and reel packages, Eva kool eskis etc and 12 v freezers, the list just goes on.
    I was hoping I may win a prize through the luckly entry name etc.

At 1-00pm my wife says, come on we have to go it is time to put our 1 year old to bed, shes getting a bit scratchy.

Well when family matters call you have to do the right thing, so off we trot.
    My crew member rang me later and informed me that my name was the first name drawn out of the barrel and the eski or any prize for that matter could have been mine, it was my choice to choose what ever I wanted off the table. (You have to be present to claim the prize).
    Well I dont feel guilty leaving early, you have to take care of the little ones, and then there will be plenty of time to play again later, but I informed my wife she has to start working it off now, she owes me big time.

What are the odds of that happening again, bugger all one would sugest.
    Gutted, absolutely gutted!!

Ryan..

Re: Gutted!!

That hurts

Wouldn't that tear the fork out of your nightie?!! >

Hopefully things will get better for you as the week wears on.

murphy's law strikes again!!!

Spewin,

Give ya mate a uppercut for telling you, as if you diddnt know it wouldnt matter

Cheers

Steven

theres no words to .....

bugga....

next time leave 'm at home .....
    "whats the time"

That's the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. The baby is only 1 for christ's sake! It's got a whole life time to catch up a little lost sleep. Those prizes though mate, they're gaaaaaaawn.

Can ya tell I don't have kids?

You should approach the guy that ended up with the live fibre rod and reel combo and tell him your story and to relinquish it forthwith. I'm sure he will understand.

Hey mate, don't just hold it against ya wife....ya can blame the baby too ya know!! And don't forget, any friend of the enemy is also your enemy. Pets, teddy bears, baby sitters, rellies......but don't be vindictive will you.

That's just tragic!! You should have enough ammo on that one to last you for years!

From now on for you old son, it's no more "May I go fishing with the boys dear?" It should be " I'm going fishing for the next 8 weekends straight. Anniversary next weekend you say? What anniversary? I'm fishing!"

Mate, you have my sincere and profound sympathies. Over time, the pain will ease and the wounds will heal. It just takes time

TOL

Mate, you did the right thing and that is it's own reward.

Just the example you set for your family will pay off in ways you can't imagine right now.

Congrats on your real prize.. your family.

PK

I think you should be able to order whatever gear you missed out on for Fathers Day......

gogecko

Your mate should have been quicker, he could have said he was you?

You will probably get more mileage out of paying out the both of them over the years than any of the prizes anyway.

The rod/reel combo would fall apart. The esky could get pinched. Either way you probably wouldn't of had them in 21 years when you start a certain speech with '21 years ago this little monkey cost me a prize!' Or better still at the wedding!

gropeher

TOL girella and Mooks, thanks for the kind words, the family is afterall the most important thing in life.

I had a special laugh about that monkey statement from Mooks as we always call her our cheeky little monkey.
    Its just our pet name for her, and that story will definetly be bought out again as you suggest.

Cheers Ryan..

REEDRAWW// YOU POOR BUGGA YES THE MISSUS OWES YOU BIG TIME CHEERS BARFLY