Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: What will we do if fuel hits $2.00 a litre??

Re: What will we do if fuel hits $2.00 a litre??

kidz like the yammie as well

bidkev

Last trip to Hutchies, Brennans and a finish up at 4 Beacons cost me 135 bucks last time out in the Whittley

The deckie and the kids love fishing and always come with me, so no way can I get crew to share the costs. I used to go alone midweek, but can't justify that cost simply for my pleasure.

I look at it this way, if I took the kids anywhere else for the day and treated 'em to lunch or dinner, or if they all went to the movies, it wouldn't be far short of what we spend on fishing anyway.

I'm gonna pick my trips more carefully though and the tinny is going to get more work than the Whittley.

The knock-on effects of the petrol rise will be inflation, and just when inflation starts to erode your spending power the interest rates will be raised to counter the inflation.........hit you in the pocket to counter the effects of you being hit in the pocket ...........isn't capitalism wonderful?

kev

Our eyes are placed in front because it is more important to look ahead than look back.

Well I had it alll worked out on the economics side years ago until they brought in the bag limits. Plenty of cafish in the river and I have a couple of good recipes for peppered catfish and cajun catfish.

Seriously though why is the price in Brisbane retail wise the same as Sydney and Melbourne and has been for a few weeks. Thought we didn't have a state tax here?

Sails
    The wind is free

I will just buy it..I am going to upset a few people now but I hope that interest rates do rise..10% or more would be a nice figure

Pinhead I am with you, let's keep our fingers crossed.

Well i'm not going to walk & owning 4 cylinders all my life i'm not going to really notice the difference..

I'm not smoker or a big drinker so spending that extra cash on Petrol on boat fuel to go fishing will be my little addiction!

mitch_05

could just go blind

fishingnottake

why do you want them to rise?

Company Car....where do ya wanna go

Etec......Fuel Bill what fuel Bill

Cheers

Steven
    Cheers

Steven

I'm the same as PIn head.
    I'll just up my hourly rate and pass it on,
    i need fuel to work so those of you that need the servises of myself will just have to pay.
    its not me being argant its a fact of life.
    its a user pay system.
    Cheers Cloud 9
    then it realy gets ughly

Quote Originally Posted by fishingnottaken
    why do you want them to rise?
    I presume interest rates...if you have money invested and little or no debt then you want the interest rate to rise as you will then make more money from your investments

luress

Is that reddie legal?????????

ive got a merc 175 6cyl 2 stroke im serioursley thinking a bout getting a smaller motor the fuel price is just shithouse!!!!