Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Fish kill 1770!!!!  Help!

gif

Re: Fish kill 1770!!!! #Help!

Phil and Tony did all the work on this one I just followed up in Brisbane So I was giving them the courtesy of announcing the results.

The fish samples were too decayed to do a detailed analysis. They confirmed that there was no presence of pesticide. That still leaves it open to be other poisons or many other possible causes - including natural causes like a virus.

My guess is that the officer who took the samples - late on a Friday afternoon did not do a thorough job. In fact she was handed samples by the Marina operator. So she missed the oil leak ( see Phill’s other post on this ) and goodness knowa what else.

Jonathon Dalton of EPA confirmed that they do not respond to these problems after hours.

For future reference:

- take samples of fish hand water and any sludge
    - freeze some fish
    - refrigerate some fish
    - take photos
    - And contact the EPA
    - Contact local Council as well

I congratulate all the people that put the ground work in on this and persisted with it, very sad that the people that are paid good money to do a job only put in a half arsed effort. Like I mentioned in an earlier post about the test that are done on decaying bodies and some remains that are thousand of years old they can tell you what they had for their last meal. Very poor outcome by the EPA, bloody poor effort.
    Keep up the pressure
    What is the cost to have the samples tested that Tony (or Phil) have in their freezers.
    I would be prepared to check a few dollars your way if you want to have them tested privately.
    cheers
    blaze