Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Suggestion: How-To Section

imported_admin

Re: Suggestion: How-To Section

Thanks for the suggestion.

Just one proposal woudl be as follows.

A How To/Hot Topic/Useful Info section woudl be created.

Initially memebrs would not be able to start topics in this section but Moderators could move posts into this section if the post fits the criteria. Members however would be able to reply to posts that are in this section and continue teh discussion.

This would save the mods having to decide if a threads started in this section should really be there or moved to an appropriate section, saving the mods more workload.

It would also mean that the subject would be listed and searchable in the relevant section and linked to the How To... section.

It could also be opened up at a later date, if needed, so that members could start new threads.

Your Thoughts?

If you could post up the Tittles of the Topics as well as the URL's of existing subjects that you think should be in the section it would make making the decission to start it a lot easier. No use starting a new section if it will only have a few threads.

E.G. -
    DIY Live Bait Tank - http://www.ausfish.com.au/cgi-ausfis...num=1148114864

Etc, Etc,

Steve - thats almost perfect!Actually... hold that thought.
    It IS perfect.
    If you guys could do that, life would just be grand!

MulletMan

.. but there's more.....!

There is always a huge amount of information on what are the best products to use on boats, trailers etc.

Probably not a "how to" concept as such but some great stuff has been posted in the past.

Like umm, what is the best stuff to clean SS with?
    and "how do you clean canopies" etc.

Great idea the new section!

Amazing, I suggested this 18 months ago to Ausfish.

Because we dont have one,questions get asked over and over, and there is only so many times you can say the same thing.
    Take for example the trailer set up in the boating section,that is current.I have answered that question at least 3 times.

A how to" Set up your trailer" would be great place to start.
    David

imported_admin

If you could post up the Tittles of the Topics as well as the URL's of existing subjects that you think should be in the section it would make making the decission to start it a lot easier. No use starting a new section if it will only have a few threads.

E.G. -
    DIY Live Bait Tank - http://www.ausfish.com.au/cgi-ausfis...num=1148114864

Etc, Etc,

This will also save myself and the mods a lot of time in searching for subjects if we go ahead with the new section.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausfish
    Just one proposal woudl be as follows.

A How To/Hot Topic/Useful Info section woudl be created........

......Your Thoughts?

Steve - I sorta worry about including "Hot Topics" in this "How to" section because of how what constitutes hot topics may be interpreted by the mods.

For instance, should some pre-election spin by the Fishing Party be put into this section because a favorable Mod thinks that it is a hot topic? #That would be contrary to the intent of a "How to" section and dilute its value.

To a lesser extent, the "Useful Info" might also be liberally interpreted but I am less concerned about that. #For instance, my post recently asking about where to ring to report faulty beacon lights might sensibly be included in such a section because I imagine that such question comes up from a number of people from time to time. #Likewise Subzero's post about Qld Rescue Contact Details might be well posted at the top of that section.

I think that the idea is great, though.

Anyway that is my $0.02 worth...

fantastic idea I'm all for it
    THOUGHT OF THE DAY

Live life like a dog,If you cant eat it or hump it ,
    pee on it and walk away.

i was wanting to know if anyone could tell me how to cure beachworms thanks ED

Quote Originally Posted by ED_MASLEN
    i was wanting to know if anyone could tell me how to cure beachworms
    Penicillin should do it. #

Sorry - some boofhead was bound to say something gross like this. #It may as well be me. #