Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: How long have you had your Boating Licence?

Re: How long have you had your Boating Licence?

16 years

I had mine laminated at work and keep it in my tackle box. It goes every where I do. I will never loose that piece of gold.

Kel

5 years

1 year

i'm a country boy only lived on the sunshine coast a couple of years

got it 16 years back when we first moved up here to God's country - was boating in melbourne before that for ano0ther 15 - didnt need a licence then in victoria

19 years

11 years and counting
    "Mystique" Haines Signature 580BR with 175 of Mr Suzuki's finest ponies

31 years ! Sh$t I'm getting old! But boy have I had some great times not only fishing but as a boat owner.

No joke some of the best times I and my family have had, #have been fishing or on a boat.

I may be new to bass fishing but boy I love my boat and some of the best people I have come across has been fishing. I met my wife on a beach fishing trip, I met all of my best mates on a fishing trips. Long live boats and fishing.

Jindalee boat ramp
    Three questions, one being "whats the time mate? " # #
    Figure eight in the boat picking up a life jacket. #

But i agree with others here, its not enough.

bidkev

3yrs.........the deckie got hers a while before me. Been boating since I was 24 (34yrs) but no licence required in the UK. Only been boating 4 yrs in Oz as it took us 7 yrs to get on our feet and buy a boat

She got her Oz car licence before me too I failed the written . The questions seemed that easy that I thought they were catch questions

kev

Sometimes when I reflect back on all the wine I've drunk, I feel shame. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the vineyards and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this wine, they might be outof work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, "It is better that I drink this wine and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver."
    ~ Jack Handy

Good question had to go and find it just to be sure of the year

I kind of was forced to get mine. I was out fishing in my tinnie with a few mates and some other mates in their boat when his motor self destructed. No problem I will tow you home, after a few minutes of mine struggling to get any speed towing him and deteriorating conditions I decided to leave him there and race back to manly harbour and grab my old mans putput boat. Did that hooked him up and towed both tinnies back behind the old girl. Then it hit the fan, my older brother pokes his head up on the jetty as I was berthing and said "what the hell are you doing, I came to check on the boat and it was gone so I reported it missing to the harbour master". gulp

Now I was pretty lucky growing up in a boating family where from about age 7 or 8 I got to drive (under strict supervision) for short periods some of the old Hayles cruisers, usually the Bellanna (Mirabell) to places like lone pine, bishop island and tangalooma. Then later when about 12, an evil 45kt capable half cabin 18footer, the old mans 26 ft (9 kt wot) putput boat as well as the tinnie with and and (from 14 - 15) without supervision, but for some reason a license never really seemed necessary.

SO over I wander to old Vic the harbour master to explain myself and be told I was a bad lad who was lucky he hadn't reported it stolen as yet. My penance being I had to turn up next morning and take the test which I did. So I was legal from 1980 26 years

5 days... got it on the 05/06/06 goin fishin monday

gruntahunter

29 years..........and no accidents or speeding fines....and didnt get caught for d/d, but that was back then

21 years

I got my rec licence in 1981 and My Navy coxwains in 1988, drove Naval work boats in Sydney Harbour for 2 years and a 87ft recovery vessel for 2 years as well as another 6 years at sea on ships and ya know no one wants to recognise my Coxwains

Garry
    Garry

Retired Honda Master Tech

28 years
    Graham