Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: ~ Occupations ~

Re:  ~ Occupations ~

good luck by the way

i think that education is the way too go also
    but starting at the bottom of most jobs teaches you invaluable lessons in life ... patience, heart, compassion and all that stuff that makes you a "person:

sorry didnt mean to sound like your mother... or older person in your life

I want the guys job down the coast putting sunscreen on the chics

Re: #~ Occupations ~

Theo,
    Re: STATION WORK
    I worked at Birdsville for a while about 12 years ago. I was the Barman come odd job person at the Pub. I met a lot of young blokes who were out on the stations. They loved it. But from where I was standing it was bloody hard yakka. I dont think a stint on a cattle station would do any harm and would look great on your CV. I started my education when I left school and became an apprentice Butcher. After my apprentiship I got a job as a tour Guide for an around Australia mob. I then managed a couple of butcheries before bying my own. Had that for 8 years and had a compleate change and joined the fire brigade. If you want time to fish then you may want to persue a job with the fireies. I work 2 days, 2 nights and have 4 days off. BUT................. I would look at a trade first and have something to fall back on if things dont work out in the future.
    Mate the worlds our oyster (to coin a phrase). My advise to you is set your goals high and then aim higher. Good luck with what ever you do.
    Schulzy
    [smiley=fireman.gif]

I went to uni and became an accountant..

Paid my way through UNI picking fruit. Which was good but definitely short term. Worked till 11 am, fished until dark. For approx 6 months I always had the trailer hitched to the ute, because straight after work I would go fishing.

Then when commenced working as a beanie it was fantastic cause my boss was a fisho as well and at times we would be sick!! on the same days, usually when winds were under 5 knots.
    But it sounds like you have your head on and choosing something that suits you and your future

Ross

May your lines be as tight as ....

I spent 20 years on shift work with the railway. That gave me plenty of time to go fishing. Best part is you get to use the boat ramps when most other guys are at work. It has also the benefits of good salary as well.

test

Re: #~ Occupations ~

I am an international bus driver!! ( pilot ) #Its a good job, apart from the long nights, and time spent away!!
    Otherwise, its not to bad!!