Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: other hobbies you have

Re: other hobbies you have

I'm into the home brew and have lately acquired a serious keg fetish..

I'm like Maria...Mad keen shooter...Both recreational and pro.....Not much saltwater out here so had to do something lol

xxxx bundy xxxx bundy xxxx bundy, oooops think me's got a habbit, not a hobby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dorado

Camping, boating, playing guitar, photography, globetrotting, making great curries, eating great seafood, combat flight simulators, computer games, raising kids lol

Aquariums, dogs, cats and birds, canoeing, building canoes and paddles (only 2), hiking, making walking staves, camping, bird watching, mushroom collecting, knife making and collecting, gardening, soap making (they tell me I smell so bad, I had to come up with my own ), jam and jelly making (you have not truly lived until you've had wild strawberry jam ------good LORD do they taste good!!!!), and I play the guitar, trumpet, Irish hand drum and accordian...... but so badly that people flee or die trying to.

.........and I visit the world's greatest fishing site. ..........and sooooooo.....

Thanks to Derek, I am also starting to try some more at camp oven cooking.

Thanks to many of you but Dug and Zeeke in particular, I am trying to take more interesting photographs.

Thanks to the fly fishing section......tying flies and fly fishing though my flies look like I just covered a hook with glue and chucked it into a dust bin. Ah well, skills take time to learn.

E.C.

Some very cool cars you have, by the way fellas.
    "When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.-- Mark Twain"

I play Bass and acoustic guitar for my church band ( presbyterian) which fills in some time, rehearsing and all that, but just enjoy music BIG TIME and can't get enough of playing the instrument I love the most - BASS. I saw a bumper sticker that I want to have printed for my car. "You are like most musicians, following the BASS PLAYER

I am currently in seventh heaven having spent a small amount of money on a doof doof machine for the car - a sub woofer. Now I can hear all the notes in the lower register that I try to play when in the band. Awesome fun! The rest of my time is being a Dad to 10 and 13 YO girls.... Have no more time or money after fishing, Music and family.....
    Scalem

As a mechanic anything with a motor can be fun. Obviously I love my cars and at the moment drive an EB XR8 Falcon and yes its been modified although looks pretty much stock (cops dont even look twice).
    Also love my bikes, have a couple of road bikes at the moment which are just about to make way for a dirt bike just for a change. Other than that I enjoy the odd bourbon (or six) but no time for too much else.

Boz.

Taking the kids skiing, we love it
    Tight lines <*)(((((((((><

Pic 2

Pic 3

Since I'm not allowed to have a motor bike any more I'll just have to stick to growing orchids
    Cheers Freeeedom

bidkev

Apart from fishing and up until coming to Oz my "hobby" was working with kids, mainly through education authorities and Sea cadet Corps, administering the Duke of Edinburgh Scheme. I was mainly involved in the expedition side of the scheme and my deckie and I had most weekends out in the field. I was a Mountain Leadership Instructor and I also trained Royal marine Cadets 2 evenings a week and any other spare time was spent in Royal Marine Reserve activities.

My 10 yrs since coming to Oz has been spent mainly in "getting our house in order".......Starting a new life after a first broken marriage left me penniless with nothing but 3 teenage boys and a wonderful woman prepared to take 'em on and support me financially. Since arriving here, most of my time has been spent raising two more boys and a succession of foster kids, and researching autism. What bit of spare time I have, that coincides with the deckie's day off, is spent fishing or camping. I like to cook (don't have much choice) take the odd photo, and collect music when I am not out shopping or doing housework.

I'm quite happy just doing the "housewife thingy" as long as I get the odd day off fishing.

Oh, and I finally think I've "arrived"

kev

If you can attend a church meeting without fear of harassment, arrest, torture, or death...you are more blessed than three billion people in the world.

target archer
    cyclist
    playing with the kids

nudist....sometimes combines well with fishing at certain beaches

just fishin' if I'm not fishin' not into it
    Rainbow Trout is NOT skittle flavoured fish.........