Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 'Mosquito-Click' Gizmo or not to Gizmo??

'Mosquito-Click' Gizmo or not to Gizmo??

I am sure that over our times outdoors we have all be pestered by either mozzies, sandies or midges.
    I personally get smashed by the later two and find their bites/stings alot more bothersome than mozzies a few days later.

Has anyone used or had any experience with these 'Mosquito-Click' gizmos? I think that they're a gizmo but if it works then I don't care!!

More importantly, if they do work.........is it long lasting? It's pointless finding a solution to a problem if it's just a bandaid fix and 10 mins later you have to give yourself another dose?

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Cheers, rhet

Re: 'Mosquito-Click' Gizmo or not to Gizmo??

mozzie-click???

Never heard of them.

Muzz

What about aeroguard or teatree oil.
    Never heard of mozzy-click?

signed tunaman

Hey there Rhet!

Good to see that the mozzies like someone else - I thought only bit me! I suffer terribly from the bites and the end up in quite a mess.

I have seen something on ebay that was like a mozzie repellor "gizmo" and it "sounded" really good and, like you said "if it works" I would buy it in a flash! I will try and find it again and post you some details. I think that Mossops had a mozzie thing in there the other day too.

I would be interested in any suggestions of how to keep them away from me!

Janine

For those of you who have not seen them

www.mosquitoclick.com

Uses piezoelectricity to stop the itch and reduce swelling............yeah maybe it does, but for how long? If it's only 10 mins then why bother, if it's half a day...........then thats useful!

I seem cynical and should just give it a go myself, but for $20...........thats nearly a carton and I wouldn't feel them after that anyway!!!

Guys, get yourselfs to camping world or the like and buy a tin of BUSHMANS this seems to be the only thing that works, and I mean work, no gimick, about $20 a big tin but hey when you get to use it all cos it works it is worth it.

BUSHMANS
    Tight lines <*)(((((((((><

Yeah, mighty Bushmans is the gun
    Any deterrent with DEET in it is good, but some do gooders reckon too high a concentrate of DEET isi bad for you

Personally Mozzies can carry nasty stuff like Ross River fever etc so I would place my bets with the DEET

Au-TAN also have one without DEET which seems to work and has a really good smell, which is handy if you are camping and there isn't a lot of water around for showers, or it is too cold

Who's been eating beans ?
    If men are from Mars, and women are from Venus, politicians must be from uranus ?

I've seen one of those things - actually saw a mate use it on another bloke. He said it stung worse than the mossie bite! I don't think they're mates any longer though.
    On the up side - it certainly took his mind off the itch!

If men are from Mars, and women are from Venus, politicians must be from uranus ?

gimmick I reckon - save your money put repellant on and wear long trousers and shirts. I know a bloke living near the maroochy river who has had pretty much all the nasties you can get from mossies - Ross River, Dengue and Barmah Forest. Having seen what these can do to you getting bitten ain't a good idea so cover up....

Go the prevention method preferably - do not use DEET on any broken skin especially if you've been sratching bites as it is likely to cause infection. Have first hand evidence of it occurring, seems worse in tropical conditions though.

sam
    One of the sad signs of our times is that we have demonized those who produce, subsidized those who refuse to produce and canonized those who complain.
    Thomas Sowell

I have had a fair bit of exposure to deet. When working in some south pacific islands we've had to dip our clothes in a solution of it the problem was that bad, but some guys still had skin irritations from that.
    Looks like I will give these things a miss as I find the long clothes the best option used with a decent repellant.

You don't want to get bitten fullstop.

Deet though it is an excellent repellent, when it is in sunlight, it's apparently carcinogenic.

The mossie-click thing looks gimicky and I would only settle for a repellent - preferably with citronella oil or tea tree oil mixed in with it.

Dicer
    My homemade solution consists of a bottle of tea tree lotion.........not oil, with a dozenish drops of pure citronella oil in it.
    I find the citronella gives a good repellant and the lotion is good for any bites that might get through.