Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 'Mosquito-Click' Gizmo or not to Gizmo??

Re: 'Mosquito-Click' Gizmo or not to Gizmo??

I got my repellant some where off this site its about 50 /50 detol and baby oil I also put in a few drops of metho in as well put it in a spray bottle and it works a treat the only other one I ever used that was good was issued to me whilst in the army and that stuff used to keep the little buggers away real good if you could handle the stench but it did used to eat your sleeping bag
    THOUGHT OF THE DAY

Live life like a dog,If you cant eat it or hump it ,
    pee on it and walk away.

a few weeks ago when i was camping at Nagi in the Torres Strait i got up in the middle of the night to get some aerogard cause a mozzie had snuck through my mozzie net. So i sprayed my self all over, in my ears, face, head, everywhere, then went to go back to bed when it started foaming up. Lets just say that Golden Canola spray is a poor mozzie repellent!! and a b!tch to wipe off at 2am

I find that tropical strength aerogard works fine for me, and if you are going to be in the one spot for a while like shore or boat fishing one of those raid mozzie protector lamps works a treat.

Has anyone tried the vitamin B trick. They don't seem to like the smell that comes from your skin. Not only does it lessen the mozzie attacks, its good for you generally.

Just the recommended dose (1 or 2 tablets) per day and the bities will attack your mate, instead of you.

It also tends to counteract a lot of the effects of overindulgence in the "other vitamin b"
    (spelt XXXX)

So what if you try it and it doesn't work? You'll feel better and healthier anyway, and give the mozzies a good dose of vitamin B too.

bushmans professional actually peels paint of walls...

deet is apparently a carcinogenic

Quote Originally Posted by Sea-Dog
    Has anyone tried the vitamin B trick. They don't seem to like the smell that comes from your skin. Not only does it lessen the mozzie attacks, its good for you generally.

Just the recommended dose (1 or 2 tablets) per day and the bities will attack your mate, instead of you.

It also tends to counteract a lot of the effects of overindulgence in the "other vitamin b"
    (spelt XXXX)

So what if you try it and it doesn't work? #You'll feel better and healthier anyway, and give the mozzies a good dose of vitamin B too.
    Sea Dog, you have to take it for a couple of weeks before hand before it does any good and then 1 - 2 tablets a day isn't enough. Usually you need to take enough so that when you sweat you can smell it and it isn't pleasant. The down side is a itamin imbalance which is not healthy. I also remember it had to be a particular group of vitamin "B".

sam
    One of the sad signs of our times is that we have demonized those who produce, subsidized those who refuse to produce and canonized those who complain.
    Thomas Sowell