Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: probably been asked b4 where r the females

Re: probably been asked b4 where r the females

My wife backs the trailer down when we go,she likes it[she does it better than me].Mrs defect went and got her own licence so she could take the boat out if she wants but hasn't yet.That might change now we have the new engine.Both my girls have been fishing and camping since they were born and love it.My wife isn't the overly keen angler but loves where it takes her.

ronnieandbill

Hey Sam
    Never thought they would be admiring both.??????????????
    Good point but then at my age you don't think about that.
    Now I have the big boat I'm sure its the rig.
    Ronnie

she who must be obeyed driving the boat..she has the boat license...vhf license..done some nav courses etc etc

megan

My Partner is lucky that I go fishing with him - otherwise there wouldn't be any fish to eat most of the time.
    I don't like the early starts but once I am out there I love it - I bait my own, tie my own rigs, have my own fishing rods and gear, catch the fish, clean 'em, cook 'em and finally eat 'em.

megan

Oh yeah and I also draw navigational charts for a living - so I can read the charts as well...

Ronnie, there's a lady who comes down to sth straddie who some years ago split with her partner. She decided she liked boating, bought a beaut old seameter and has never looked back. First time we saw her she struggled a little, but we gave per plenty of encouragement after watching her first attempt at setting the anchor and putting out a stern rope to the beach. She joined the club after that and is now a master of her vessel and outdoes many blokes with what she has learned. I hope it was because she was new to boating that every body helped out and not because she was an attractive young lady.

sam
    One of the sad signs of our times is that we have demonized those who produce, subsidized those who refuse to produce and canonized those who complain.
    Thomas Sowell

Hey Chop, I'm just getting up to date with all the posts and I was taken by your reply (#69) offering some help.

Did you want to give me some help? [smiley=kiss.gif] [smiley=kiss.gif]

TOL

Quote Originally Posted by Dignity
    [quote author=Ronnie H link=1149516882/45#58 date=1149812924]What is it when a woman pulls up at the boat ramp, reverses her boat down,launches it, pull starts the motor and off she goes. Why does she get nothing but stares from the fella's. Ronnie
    Maybe it is just admiring the rig, the woman or both. #I'm not biased so I would go for both.

sam[/quote]

Or maybe thinking...
    "Wonder if her old man owns a pub?"

There's not much that doesn't require brute strength that a woman can't do as good or better than a bloke.
    I've had my backside kicked by girls in superbike racing (improved touring back then), competitive IPSC pistol shooting and definately fishing. It's all about the fight in the dog.
    I always liked teaching women anything more than blokes. They have less issues with being told that they're doing it wrong.
    Except for the better half of course who is never wrong

cheers,
    Owen
    Cheers,
    Owen

The whole world's mad save thee & me (but I'm not too sure about thee)

thanks for the input

i have loved the answers

I have thoroughly enjoyed reading all the personal anecdotes on this topic. My husband and I fish nearly everyday(weather permitting)and we love and respect fish and their environment. We love boating and tackle shows and looking at all the tackle in tackle shops in Cairns(where we live) and other countries that we travel to.
    Terry is non chauvenist and brags about the ones his wife catches more than his own catches(but I do catch more than him). I know a lot of ladies that would love their partners to take them fishing but unfortunately their partners hate fishing, so they come with us.
    There are lot of lady anglers just waiting to be let loose but prefer male company to fish with. Most ladies love strong helpful men to be a partner with them in the world of angling.
    Cheers
    Rose