Thread: ebay

raygar

ebay

G'day I just got home from tin can and looked at my bids on ebay and they have cacelled my bids
    on 2 sonar plotters they reckon something dodgy going on looked back at items and they had been taken off, some dude from kentucky in the states >

Re: ebay

What did they say was wrong?

I have never had a drama with ebay myself but I have heard they are a bit if they don't like something you do.
    Horny

Live every day as if it's your last - for one day you're sure to be right!

gogecko

Check the terms of each auction. Many usa sellers will only accept bids from usa, while others will accept worldwide bids. Thats their right to do whatever they want, and they can cancel bids if they want. Other reasons would be if you had no feedback/history at all.

Are you saying they withdrew the whole item? Probably sold it somwhere else already.

I buy new from the states. try www.cascademarine.com.au its better than ebay.

cheers
    Andrew

raygar

yeah guys ebay stated that a third party was trying to access an account and they stated cearly not to deal with this seller and yes cant find any items from this seller anywhere they have been taken off. Hey looked at cascade marine but page would not display.
    Ray.

Try this one then...

has the au taken off...

http://www.cascademarine.com/

I'd say that they just saved you some $$$$$$$$$$ by identifying a DODGY ebayer >: and getting rid of him
    Tight lines <*)(((((((((><

Yep, sounds like they have done you a favour.
    Horny

Live every day as if it's your last - for one day you're sure to be right!

sounds like a doggy seller to me aswell...... just saved yourself some money
    Rainbow Trout is NOT skittle flavoured fish.........

I recently contact Sundown Marine concerning a boating package I saw on ebay. I emailed them the details of the items for sale in order to find out some more details regarding them and if they could do a better price for the same items. I recieved an email back stating the items for sale where not compliant to australian standards and not available through them. I suggest to everyone that if you are in doubt regarding any items like this you contact Sundown or another supplier like them to find out some more info about them.

Because I did this I saved myself $600. Please becareful when bidding on some items.

Kel

raygar

The thing that I found was the most suspect after realising something was not right the seller wanted me to email them, and every time I went to report to ebay the item # would not be valid.Upon another search for same item it seemed to me the exact same item was under a different email address. Shame we couldn't take them on a little fishing trip.
    Ray. &gt;

S.S.

My first and only experience with Ebay was dodgy. I was bidding on a camera and someone else bid against me all the way through. I stopped bidding and the other person then retracted their final bid which then left me with the highest bid. Some $500 more than when they first started bidding. Anyway, I didn't buy the camera and informed Ebay of my experience. The seller was pretty full on trying to get the money out of me too. Talk about a dodgy setup. Haven't been back on the site since.

I've bought and sold a few things there, just general stuff, 2nd hand video game cartridges for my son etc etc.

I got talking to a bloke once who was a mate of a mate and he bragged how on a bicycle he listed on there (professional type of road bike) he got a mate to outbid the real bidder several times to boost the final price !! &gt;

That's pretty dispicable, but ebay reckon they can't do anything about it !

LeeannP I reckon that is what happened to you, some butthead was getting his friend to bid against you to lift the final price.. To my understanding if the final bidder retracted his bid you aren't under any obligation to buy his crap
    If men are from Mars, and women are from Venus, politicians must be from uranus ?