Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: where would you rather be?

where would you rather be?

To contrast the where are you thread,where would you rather be ?Me personally around Broome ,easy living ,plenty of fish ,wonderful country.
    George
    At Heaven's gate a soldier stood,
    his story ready to tell,
    St Peter said, 'no need my son all is understood,
    Go right in cos you've already served your time in Hell'

Re: where would you rather be?

G'day Manchild, Good question but personally for me, Bribie Island. Thats wh? I'm here. I moved here 21 years ago, I have left a few times but always come back beacause this is where I want to be and now raise my child. I love it here. Honestly when I read your question, If my answer was different I would be planing a move very soon.
    Cheers, TT
    ________
    IPAD ACCESSORIES

I would rather be in the Cairns FNQ area

Dunno about you George, but with Sharon Stone or Jennifer Hawkins......................
    I wouldn't mind being there!!

Mornington Island would be ok as well!

Jeff

If I could get something thru the council and be able to build a jetty with a loading dock for launching my boat it would have to be either at Cowan on Moreton Island or on Quail Island in Thirsty Sound.

Both locations would require a good boat launching facility from a jetty. Plus the added value of being able to fish from a jetty when you dont feel like putting the boat in the water.

Jack.

We are in the process of doing just that. We looked at Broome, Exmouth, Vanuatu, Cairns (used to live there anyway) and for our lifestyle we chose Hervey Bay. Should be there within the next 12 months.
    Stubbie!

on one of the small island group in Maldives and the only way to get to my house is with a boat

Daz

id rather be fishing then sitting behind this computer working(?????) anyway where ever you are just make the most of it, i have loved every place ive lived,(except canberra). i think finding the fish is half the fun for me.(in canberra you know where the carp are)

...of all the liars among mankind, the fisherman is the most trustworthy. ~William Sherwood Fox.

Quote Originally Posted by ffejsmada View Post
    Dunno about you George, but with Sharon Stone or Jennifer Hawkins......................
    I wouldn't mind being there!!
    I'll Pay that Jeff!!!

ROTFL
    Regards,

Andrew.
    =============
    W: www.agt.id.au
    M: 0410 834 486

Pretty happy where I am at present - Cairns, but will be better when I get my boat at Xmas time

Short of that if I had to move anywhere else it would be further north, perhaps Weipa?
    Regards,

Andrew.
    =============

where I am now, far nor west tip of tassie. No water shortage, moderate temps (even though I bitch about it at times), great fishing, about 500m from the boat ramp where people help each other. Small country community on the edge of the sea. Fresh air with no high riser or over population. Gotta love Tassie.
    cheers
    blaze

Quote Originally Posted by blaze View Post
    where I am now, far nor west tip of tassie. No water shortage, moderate temps (even though I bitch about it at times), great fishing, about 500m from the boat ramp where people help each other. Small country community on the edge of the sea. Fresh air with no high riser or over population. Gotta love Tassie.
    cheers
    blaze
    Damn Blaze, you almost make me envious with that description

If it wasn't for the fact that I'd miss the Jacks and chasing Barra so much you'd almost have sold me on a move ...
    Regards,

Andrew.
    =============

Id like to live on fraser island,but unfortunately you also have to have an income.

Quote Originally Posted by manchild View Post
    To contrast the where are you thread,where would you rather be ?Me personally around Broome ,easy living ,plenty of fish ,wonderful country.
    George
    Been there and done that for 3 years George. Broome aint what ya think buddy. Trust me. Having said that, I havta admit, I live in Gladstone and wouldnt leave for the world. Unless a cyclone is hitting us ya can always go fishing. Theres the harbour, Awonga dam, The Islands just a couple of miles across the harbour, the creeks, Masthead, herron, northwest, fitzroy etc etc all within range of most. great weather. Good people. Bang for buck there aint a place on earth that compares to Gladstone.
    I CAME INTO THIS WORLD KICKING, SCREAMING AND COVERED IN SOMEONE ELSES BLOOD. I HAVE NO PROBLEM GOING OUT THE SAME WAY.
    NEWBY T.G.

Gotta disagree team
    I live in the Burdekin in NQ. There are 12 boat ramps within half an hour of home in brilliant fishing creeks and rivers. Just offshore to great shoal country, then there's the reef. No water shortages here, in fact no water restrictions at all. Low population area with good boating facilities and tons of fish. If you get to a ramp on the weekend and find 15 - 20 car/trailers parked, you think it's busy. Friendly people everywhere and a relaxed lifestyle to boot. And if you want the big city prices for stuff, Townsville is only an hour up the road.

Love the place.

Now unfortunately I am moving to Toowoomba!! XYZ!!!!!!!!!!! Aaaaaaaagghhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!