Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Where are you???

Re: Where are you???

Marlin Mike,

g'day mate.

I believe you're not too far from me. Alex Hills vs Birkdale. I'm in Barron Road. Just look out for the Tactical Response Squad.

TOL

marlinqld

cheers TOL, must have a drink with you one day.i sent you a PM mate

Mike

There seems to be a few of us all living around the same area, Birkdale. Alex Hills, Capalaba, Thornside

Maybe a drink could be on the cards!

Janine

marlinqld

Sounds like a plan Herm..........the redlands chapter of Ausfish

This post has been around in the past and was popular back then. I am from Ipswich (don't hold that against me). It's 1hr to Somerset, 1hr to Moogerah and 1hr to the Gold Coast but it's 6 and a half hrs to Awoonga

Cheers
    Murray

Hi im in cairns and i will fish where ever???

Quote Originally Posted by Scalem
    [quote author=fishin_till_late link=1147790916/105#111 date=1153394714]I live in Bilambil Heights, up behind Tweed heads and mainly fish the tweed river. #The teranora inlet is just a short stroll down the road and i often get on my pushbike and fish landbased there. #Good living so close to the water. #Here's a pic from my back varanda.
    Mate, nice spot. #You would have to target wild bass from your location wouldn't you?

Scalem[/quote]

There's a couple of creeks up behind there where the picture is, allthough it's still saltwalter, good crabbin though. I have heard of bass up in the upper reaches and i am dying to give it a go soon. It is a good spot though, 10 min drive to town

Another from Alex Hills, 5mins to the wet stuff and i don't think i could stand to move further away than that. i love being close to the water, makes those spontaneous fishing trips a breeze.

on the topic of a Redlands M&G, i think it would be a great idea to meet up for a beer or whatever, put faces to the names etc. Hogan's, Finn McCools, Herm's place for a BBQ (you did start this thread janine ) whatever, i'm easy....not cheap, but i'm easy.

damo
    Give a man a fish, and he'll eat for a day. But ,flogging him into submission will result in him taking up crabbing.... and once he gets a taste of that sh*t, well, he may never return again.

Another one from Alex Hills.
    Been in the area over 30 years. Not a house between Capalaba and Cleveland back then.

I saw a photo a while back of the floods in 52 or 53 when a cyclone crossed land in northern NSW. This photo showed the Sands hotel at Cleveland.
    For anyone here from Raby Bay, The high tide and the storm surge had the water level at the bottom step at the back of the Sands.

Hows your flood insurance.
    My dictionary defines green as ‘unripe, immature, undeveloped'. Perfect description.

Most political parties are seen as interested in what the voters think, the Greens are seen as thinking the community should be interested in what they think.

WOW!

I am amazed with the response to this thread! #It was one of the first ones that I put up and just hoped that not too many members would think I was a tosser for asking such a question! #I thought that it had dropped off the face of the boards a while ago - only to pop back up again now! #I think that some of the new members can find something like this thread interesting to find out where the other members are located! #And, in my case, see what others are catching close by to me and tormenting me by showing what I am unable to catch!!!!

Considering I seem to be unable to catch a decent fish these days #Maybe (god forbid! ) a non-fishing # based Meet and Greet ??????

Would love to meet up with members and as Damo said "put some faces to names" whether it be "at Herm's place for a BBQ" or elsewhere - let's see how much interest we can raise!

And THANK YOU everyone for posting!!! #

I know that in the original post I said that I was sure "that this has probably been done a thousand times before" so I thank you all for spending the time to add to this thread!

Cheers
    Janine

S_Bend

Janine, great to see you generated a bit of interest. I'm Eatons Hill - Northside Brisbane. 1/2 hour to the boat ramp but that's not too bad. Fish the Northern Bay and beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by fishin_till_late
    [quote author=Scalem link=1147790916/105#118 date=1153520170][quote author=fishin_till_late link=1147790916/105#111 date=1153394714]I live in Bilambil Heights, up behind Tweed heads and mainly fish the tweed river. #The teranora inlet is just a short stroll down the road and i often get on my pushbike and fish landbased there. #Good living so close to the water. #Here's a pic from my back varanda.
    Mate, nice spot. #You would have to target wild bass from your location wouldn't you?

Scalem[/quote]

There's a couple of creeks up behind there where the picture is, allthough it's still saltwalter, good crabbin though. #I have heard of bass up in the upper reaches and i am dying to give it a go soon. #It is a good spot though, 10 min drive to town [/quote]

Really? You have not tried it? I would give a guarantee, in writing that the upper reaches have nice bass, I did it with a mate in his canoe a couple of years ago. Explosive surface hits on one particular lure that I witnessed..... Buy yourself a Kokoda Cicada in natural colour and fish late afternoon. Awsome fun! I am only jealous I don't live there, I would go almost every weekend.

Good luck!

Scalem

Quote Originally Posted by Herm
    WOW!

I am amazed with the response to this thread! #It was one of the first ones that I put up and just hoped that not too many members would think I was a tosser for asking such a question! #I thought that it had dropped off the face of the boards a while ago - only to pop back up again now! #I think that some of the new members can find something like this thread interesting to find out where the other members are located! #And, in my case, see what others are catching close by to me and tormenting me by showing what I am unable to catch!!!!

Considering I seem to be unable to catch a decent fish these days #Maybe (god forbid! ) a non-fishing # based Meet and Greet ??????

Would love to meet up with members and as Damo said "put some faces to names" whether it be "at Herm's place for a BBQ" or elsewhere - let's see how much interest we can raise!

And THANK YOU everyone for posting!!! #

I know that in the original post I said that I was sure "that this has probably been done a thousand times before" so I thank you all for spending the time to add to this thread!

Cheers
    Janine
    Janine,

It is amazing how many Aushfishers there are in the Redlands. I'm down the southern end of the Redlands now, but lived in Birkdale and Capalaba for over 20 years.

A local M&G sounds good, who knows we probably walk past one another in the shopping centres without even knowing it .... yes it would be good to put some faces to names

I'm easy, fishing or non fishing m&g, BBQ at your place Janine (if ya trust us ) or maybe some drinks at Hogan's Wello ... fish and BBQ at Peel?? ... fish and BBQ at Raby Bay?? ... fish and BBQ at Wello??

I've been to few M&G's and met some really great people, so what ever sounds best for you guys, I'll definately join if I can.

Over to you Janine .... and no your NOT a Tosser

Cheers,
    Tony

Light travels faster than sound, that's why some people seem Bright ...... untill they speak

marlinqld

count me in 3 mins to raby bay wello or the sands... let me know and ill be there

marlinqld

why not a non fishing bbq by the bay,....kids can run and play.......wello is nice, to the right on the southern side of the ramp. lotsa room,

whatever is the popular opinion, i'm in.