Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fishing songs?

Great_White

Re: Fishing songs?

Gee, I can't even get a bite on ausfish

I thought someone would hang sh!t on me for sure in my previous post. Oh well I better come clean, will listen to almost anything but love the Hoodoo gurus & Offspring.

I don't mind some techno and a bit of Eminem & Fast Crew in hip hop.

We don't have a CD player in the boat yet so don't get much in the way of music on the water as yet.

Peter #

Doors, Primus , Xaiver rudd, jimmy buffet , Alan Jackson, Johnny Cash, Deep purple thats just some theres alot more .

Great White,
    After reading out of the mouth of babes string, I was going to suggest using you as bait for beach fishing.

Have any of you old rockers heard the new aussie band "Wolfmother"
    they are sensational and bring back some pretty wild and wooly memories..............original music but you'd swear you were back in the 70's...............lead singer rocks.....................

GREATWHITE you had me goin' ya wally...............I thought "oh well to each his own" but sorta screwed my nose up a bit.............Billy

hey all

actually im GOT's missus and deckie
    but i read this forum and although most of the fisho lingo still escapes me every now and then i come across a thread that really rocks
    like this one here
    i looooooovvveeee music
    and esp the stuff you guys have mentioned here and believe me its not a age thing
    its just good music hard to get these days
    i havent been out in the boat with hubbi that often yet (uhmmm once i believe sofar ) but when i go down the beach with my earplugs i always have to have rammstein Seemann on it
    its a german band but its about a sailor more in a goth kinda way nick cave and so on but thats watermusic for me
    also i would have godsmack on it with serenity i dont think it would scare the fishies

as for the guy who like gaelic stuff
    try clannad loreena mckennit and have a look around for the pogues irish drinking band mix between folk country and punk

and kingtin
    i loved your last post although autism is not easy to deal with i think what your kid does and can is amazing and its not really piracy its therapy for him i think i gonna pm you about it
    and you are absolutly right some of the stuff is so hard to come by in down under in a record shop wich is a shame

ok that was my two cents worth and i think i gonnasign up in here for my self so nomore gender confusion

regards
    anya

bidkev

Quote Originally Posted by Got_the_Fever

<snip>
    as for the guy who like gaelic stuff
    try clannad loreena mckennit and have a look around for the pogues irish drinking band mix between folk country and punk

and kingtin
    i loved your last post although autism is not easy to deal with i think what your kid does and can is amazing and its not really piracy its therapy for him i think i gonna pm you about it
    and you are absolutly right some of the stuff is so hard to come by in down under in a record shop wich is a shame

regards
    anya
    Feel free to pm me anya. I have all of Loreena Mckennits stuff and the pogues. Also loads of Irish "rebel stuff" Clanceys, Wolfe Tones and not to forget more contemporary stuff such as the Waterboys and Saw Doctors. It realy is amazing what the lad has collected.

kev

Celine Deion ........ up LOUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it's hard on the Ear muffs but the Barra just float to the surface....... remember limit your catch not catch your limit.

Cheers E

& of course Nuggets sweet voice on Sat & Sun

E

Quote Originally Posted by kingtin
    Feel free to pm me anya. I have all of Loreena Mckennits stuff and the pogues. Also loads of Irish "rebel stuff" Clanceys, Wolfe Tones and not to forget more contemporary stuff such as the Waterboys and Saw Doctors. It realy is amazing what the lad has collected.

kev
    arent the pogues great love them since im a teen
    and geez waterboys havent heard that name in ages
    good to see you keep finding a link to the topic and the fishing

thanks kingtin very much appreciatet

regards anya

I can't belive not one of you guys mentioned Creedence Clearwater Revival.......They are the ones to relax with when fishing nothing better.

Jack

Good posts fella's. Some good act's being mentioned...

Jack... your bloody right!. I havn't heard all that much CCR, but the CCR songs I know would go well on the water.

But again, if your a hard-rocker like me, I think a great boating (maybe not fishing ) song is Ticks And Leeches from Tool. That'll keep the throttle down .

Cheers.

TT
    TT

Hi!
    Excellent topic!
    On the water I use a small handheld AM/FM radio tuned to MMM mostly. I find it the best way to keep the noise down as good songs often prompt a quick flick of the volume in the upwards direction.
    At home..
    I'm flogging James Blunt's "Back to Bedlam " to death at the moment, but nowhere near bored with it!
    Among my favorite music...
    Anything eighties (of course)!
    Pete Murray
    Counting crows
    The Cure
    Sisters of Mercy
    Crowded House
    Dream Academy
    Eskimo Joe
    Garth Brooks
    George Strait
    James Blundell
    Hoodoo Gurus

and one more..
    Mental as Anything

'Nuff said!
    Jason

Alice coper ,pink floyd , hendrix , thorogood , eagles , greenday ,garth brookes, wolfmother , and lots more put a cd player in the boat but it takes memory cards as well ,1gig card just playes and doesn't skip while punching through any rough stuff
    Give a man a fish and feed him for a day , teach a man to fish and feed him for life .

hussy

great white, its coming

hussy

great white with your taste in music its a good thing you dont have a cd in your boat, bloody whale sounds,tunamans ac/dc, wouldn,t be a fish for 10 ks,sea dog goes from pink flloyd ,deep purple, almost starting to admire his taste ,then comes in with fiddler on the roof.and scott thunder ,with barnsey,now theres a good burley,even the toads would piss off.greeny loves rose tatoo, yeah thats what captain cook said when he was fishing with banks.gad, i,d hate to have a bloody migraine in your boat, i,d be lookin at slashing my wrists listening to your lot, alice cooper pink flloyd,george thoroughgood,hendrix,i think i would need purple haze in my brain to go out fishing with you as well,and not to mention jason t ,floggin james blunts ,back to boredom, now theres a leg-wetter.celine dion hard on the ear muffs,sounds a lot better if you put a soft plastic in each earhole ,then put the muffs on.but on a serious note i think all of your songs are great songs,with the exception of celine dion. and no matter what music you have out there it makes the day just that little bit better still. keep singing guys. hubby