Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: smoking

Re: smoking

John R,

Trying to win an arguement on a chat board, particularly about the pros of smoking, is like winning a race in the special olympics, at the end of the day you're still retarded.

I like the "I catch more fish than non smokers" bit.

Or perhaps the herion laced durries
    GO THE CRUISER UTES!

....OH WHAT A FEELING!

Ok ,this is the time to join in.First of all im smoke and i drink if you do not ,thats your choice.No treehugging do gooder going to tell me what can or cant i do .Moderation is the key ,just like with everything else.furthermore i refuse to eat tofu,drink light beer ,drink muggacino or whatever is coffe called this days and i eat as much meat as im pleased.No carrotjuice drinkin either.If for all this i die 10 yars earlier ,lets be it ,at least i enjoyed myself .
    George
    Sorry for the off topic reply ,i wouldnt have any idea
    At Heaven's gate a soldier stood,
    his story ready to tell,
    St Peter said, 'no need my son all is understood,
    Go right in cos you've already served your time in Hell'

Darryl

Maybe they can just give all us smokers a purple pill like they do for all the other weak minded individuals these days.?

Although i would prefer the herion soaked cigs of course..

hussy

what a shit-hot reply roz. wish i had a way with words like that.

hubby, ps: once again shit-hot reply, 10 out of 10

One more thing ,just be vary .The same people who try to ban smoking now ,will ban fishing one day .
    Is smokin funny stuff allright?
    his story ready to tell,

No it isnt manchild, and this is not the place to talk about it. >

signed tunaman

Ok i apologise for my noncool habits ,and offtopic replys again.So how is your quest for the truth of baittainting coming along?
    George
    his story ready to tell,

Bill_Klein

gave up end of financial year ( good a time as any )been smokin for 25years prior
    from what i can remember it never afected my fishin much

But on a lighter note, I scrubed my hands and didnt smoke tonight
    when I went fishing, even thou I was hanging for one, and it
    didnt seem to make any much of a difference, it just made the fishing
    trip very stressfull.
    Cigs dipped in herion what a crock of sh$t.

signed tunaman

Bundy_Burp

Heroin dipped cigs what a laugh sounds like a weak excuse from somebody to weak to quit .

Bundy

It's funny someone posted this topic, as I was wondering the exact same thing! We used to fish for carp in Cape Town and found that the smaller fish had more sensitive smell (we THINK) cos an old boy told us to splash some TCP (Listerine-like antiseptic gargle) on the bait as it keeps the younger smaller pickers away.
    Going by this logic, and as Berkley famousely claim that their scented softbaits disperse 400x more scent than other brands: question is why would they scent the lures in the first place if fish can't smell?
    Next question is: does the 'smell' of smoke/tar/nicotine entice or dissuade fish?

I think it does more harm than good. You have to wonder how much crap leaches outta the butts and ash thrown in the water.
    Another angle: if you're smoking and ash falls in the water it might affect yer mates fishing ground 100m further down current, like a reverse berley!

I'm liking the argument that you bait yer hook with your dominant hand, so smelly fingers only touch the hook. (Counter argument: ever caught a leatherjacket with nothing but a bare hook touched by a human hand?)

The only thing I have picked up from this thread is that if you smoke you're a heroin-addicted, anti-social, poor, lacking in barra lures, childish, cancer-spreading, sometime-smoke-wakky-bakky-for seasickness fisho with more petrol money than sense (cents).

As I like to say:
    "Excuse me sir/ madam- your habit of choice is smoking. The by-product of smoking is smoke. It gets in my hair, taints my clothes and causes me great discomfort. I enjoy a beer. The by-product of my habit is urine.
    HOW WOULD YOU LIKE IT IF I STOOD ON TABLE AND PISSED ALL OVER YOU WHILE YOU'RE HAVING A SMOKE?!?!?"
    Works every time....

And I'm a (considerate) smoker.
    Some of my friends don't even know I smoke, that's how discreet I am!

ON TOPIC- I stopped smoking 9yrs ago, but like onerabbit believe nothing guarantees a bite more than sparking up a duzza. So yeh, from my experience it doesn't make much difference.

OFF TOPIC- Stopping smoking was the best thing I ever did. Both healthwise and financially. And as for every smoker that won't go to pubs/clubs because of the new anti-smoking laws, many people will return to said establishments now they don't have to put up with the stench and stinging eyes.

Got this picture off my friend who was fishing in the sandy straits last month , hooked on to this 90cm lizard and as he was brining it in to the boat his wife took this shot ,neither smoke by the way. check out what was floating by.....

Hi Roz,

Never mentioned the pros of smoking. Just gave a link to some interesting (humourous) reading.

So then I get jumped on big time by the PC ignoramus brigade. For a while there I thought I was going to get hammered from all sides. Good to see a few people with common sense on board.

Yep the "catch more fish" was another PC bait - left untaken.

Not arguing for smoking per se, but arguing AGAINST junk science. Does anybody get that?

So now I am a childish retard?

Might see you at 1770 if we are not too busy fishing, retarded or not..

Regards

John

PS not at the pub cos you can't smoke there.

heroin laced smokes a load of crap ??
    i dont have proof or a link
    all i know is that i tested positive for narcotis without ever having taken such drugs
    and the person who tested me is a medical professional and he told me about it

anyway
    i didnt say its a fact i said apperently although i actually ment allegedly so sorry if i got your feathers ruffeld ( those words basically mean the same thing in german for what i was trying to say )

it does make one wonder tho, that say 30 years ago even heavy smokers (30-40 a day) could quit just like that while today it seems much harder
    i am not saying smoking is cool or look for an excuse why i havent completly quit yet

bashing each others heads in and namecalling i think is not approbriate

anya