Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: smoking

Re: smoking

i gave up 2 years ago hasnt effected the amount of fish i catch (nil)

Quote Originally Posted by PinHead
    I suppose that might depend on what brand they smoke and what it has done to their nasal abilities.

The "evidence" against smoking is the biggest public fraud in history.

Have a look at www.forces.org for some interesting reading.

Similar in a lot of ways to the "scientific" research the greenies use to close down fishing areas.

Regards

John

Is there a good jew hole near Mullimbimby?

Quote Originally Posted by Jitlands
    Bit of Mullimbimby's best helps while #away those long hours on the beach waiting for jew.
    Sure fire way to get bites is put your rod in the holder & go & sit in your chair & roll a smoker, guaranteed to get a bite halfway through.
    For the non-smokers, putting your gear down & having a P over the side also seems to work well, always when there's something in your hands you cant put down.
    To answer the original question, I have never noticed any difference, smoker or not.
    Muzz

Gorilla_in_Manila

Don't think it would be intense enough to effect the bait you put on to catch fish, but I reckon it can affect catching beach worms.
    Cheers
    Jeff

Whether it does or doesn't affect the fishing it is still worth giving it up both for health reasons and also for the money saving aspect. With the fuel prices the way they are now I am surprised anyone can afford to run the boat and smoke

Poodroo

He who aims at nothing is sure to hit it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorilla
    Don't think it would be intense enough to effect the bait you put on to catch fish, but I reckon it can affect catching beach worms.
    Cheers
    Jeff

no effect on me catching fish or worms and yes been trying to give up

There will be days when the fishing is better than one's most optimistic forecast, others when it is far worse. Either is a gain over just staying home.

Not far behind you Jitlands.
    Tight Lines

Great_White

I'm with pinhead and TOL Too.

Give up you will have more money to spend on fishing gear and you will catch more fish (because you will live longer )

Peter

the fish in the area must get hooked too!

Quote Originally Posted by John_R

Similar in a lot of ways to the "scientific" research the greenies use to close down fishing areas.

Regards

John
    If your stupid enough to still believe that smoking is not detrimental to your health you deserve to get whats coming to you. All i can say is i hope you don't expect tax payers to pay for your treatment when your rotting in your own tar. I think you need a serious reality check. go to your local hospital on respiratory clinic day and have a look at all the old (and not so old people) dieing from lung cancer and ask how many of them smoke and i think thats all the evidence you need. Stop living in ignorance and face the facts and stop trying to defend it just because your hooked and don't want to quit.

R_K_HILL

I believe most smokers hold their smoke in the opposite hand than the bait (hold the smoke in the same hand they hold their hook in). Eg, Im right handed and use my stronger hand (Right) to feed the hook through the bait which I hold on my left hand. So the bait isnt usually drenched in the stinky smell on my fingers..

Quote Originally Posted by John_R

Regards

John
    I'm with Jeremy. John, sorry but you are totally in denial.

Onya Pinhead
    GO THE CRUISER UTES!

....OH WHAT A FEELING!

Hmm this seemed to turn into an Anti Smoking campaign all of a sudden
    I smoke, I pay taxes and am in private health cover.

By the way, use an empty can to put my cigarette butts in when finished while out in the boat, cannot stand people who throw their butts into the sea/lake etc.

I also never smoke on a boat while non smokers are present.

Anyway, if you smoke a pack a day take a look at the fingers you hold them with, all yellow from tar etc and they stink. Surely there is some effect on the bait etc, but who knows might be like aniseed and turn the fish on

Anyway, each to thier own and this really should not be apublic persecution of smokers. Have a think about where the Govt is gonna get all that revenue they loose from people smoking - your pay packet. The damage is done so any reduction in numbers of lung disease patients will not be noticeable in relation to cost to the nation in our lifetimes.

Just my 2 cents and totally off track from the original question.

PS John mate, I think you need to really check out the facts - Smoking does kill, fair enough non smokers get lung cancer as well but no where near the number of smokers that develop lung disease etc.