Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: Steve Irwin dead

Re: Steve Irwin dead

My thoughts and prayers to Terri, Bindi and Bob. A terrible tragedy for any family - especially a man such as Steve who is an Aussie icon known and loved internationally. I hope Terri, Bindy and Bob have the strength to carry on with Steve's dream - the animals need you too RIP mate #

We can only hope that he is looking down and enjoying the amazing effect he had on our lives and how his legacy out of his huge respect will continue. RIP Steve and may God Bless your family and
    friends

Does anyone think a 'State Funeral' is out of the question?

It would allow the people of Australia to share in thier feelings of grief and show thier sympathy for the family.

I didn't have much time for the hype, but I must say I like the bloke's drive and commitment to a cause that he believed in.

If they could bottle it - I'd stand in a queue for some.

- Sea-Dog

Terrible for his family

However, I don't believe he would like to see people morning him and getting upset over his death like this.

He knew that one day he would die, he said as much, "one day the risk's I take will catch up with me"

I believe we should be celebrating his life and acheivments, and doing what ever we can to continue his work, regardless of how big or small

R.I.P."Croc Hunter" #

I find it a very difficult time to articulate a suitable response to this tragic and very sad news as hearing this news was like hearing of the death of a really great friend.

My family was in the early stages of planning our next family holiday after this upcoming one to Perth and one of ideas raised by my son was to go and visit Australia Zoo and with a little planning meet Steve and his family, you see my son from a very young age idolized Steve and would run to the TV whenever the croc hunter was on, personally i didn't like his movie very much but my son had to have it on DVD, this loss is devastating for him and my family who forgive steve for the silly little things he did very quickly and appreciate what steve brought to us as a family who loved the ocker aspect of his personality. Australia has lost a true champion and a bloody good bloke today folks, have no doubt about that.

My deepest sympathy and condolences to Steve's Wife Terri and Children Bindi Sue and Robert Clarence "Bob" .

Here is a little history on Steve Irwin aka "The Croc Hunter"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Irwin

Mick Brennan and Family #

Re: STEVE IRWIN DEAD

Just a huge shock.
    If you agreed with him or not, he was still a top bloke who did everything he belived in and didnt care what everyone else thought. I just whish I had the same enthusiasm and enjoyment in life that he had. I think the people who would knock him were only jealous of the fact that he loved what he did and made good money from it in the end. He was good for queensland tourism and he was a good ambassador for the environment. The thing was when it come to the environment he wasnt the typical greeny who always wanted to ban everything. He could see both sides to the story and just wanted a fair outcome.
    I am sure if he could have one thing to say to the world now it would be "dont blame the stingray, the little fella was just a bit scared and tried to protect himself"........ but krikey it hurt!

Condolences to his family.

Will miss you Steve..................

Just goes to show, enjoy every day and make the most of life. You just dont know what tomorrow brings

Steve is definately an Aussie character we will miss.

Many years ago, I worked as a bodyguard in East Timor and had the priveledge to meet Steve and his crew when he was there to move a Salt crock into a larger pen in a church, you might of seen the documentary.

Anyway, I had never seen a man with soooo much passion, integrity and full of life. He definately put a big smile on alot of peoples faces up there and does when ever he comes into contact with anyone.

He will be missed...

krause69

i thought out of any animal that a croc whould of killed him but a stingray instead but a very good bloke lost

cheers krause

Australia looses another Aussie Icon RIP Steve

why is it that only the good die young
    My deepest condolences to all his family and friends
    Brett

\

Sean