Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Steve Irwin dead

Re: Steve Irwin dead

The guy leaves behind a legacy.

I wish it were only a blooper, tragically it's not.

My sympathy goes out to his family.

It feels like a death in our own family

It is surreal that one single man, a proud, passionate Aussie, can have an influence so strong on people, that his untimely passing has literally stopped the world.

When we travelled in America, we were constantly asked "Do you know the Crocodile Hunter?"
    When we replied that "Steve lives just up the road from us" We were considered legends too
    It made you feel so proud to be Australian, all because of one man.

Thank you Steve, for the entertainment and awareness you have given us on so many issues.

Your spirit will be with us forever, as will your DVD's - our kids love them

Our deepest sympathy to Steve's family and close colleagues.

It just doesn't seem believable.

Pete & Family

freddyfish

RIP Steve

who would of thought he would of went like this.....RIP Steve

Foolish_Chicken

A sad day for a remarkable australian. My condolances to his family and friends.

You were of a rare breed Steve, you did it your way and always with passion. You were given oppertunities in your life and you made good use of them in promoting understanding and insight into the natural wonders of this world.

For that we salute you. Your name and legacy will live on through what you have left behind.

The Irwin family has lost a son, a husband and a father. The world has lost a true man.
    May the pain of the loss fade over time, and may the memories of Steve stay with us forever.

Wess

I am totally gutted by the news, a magnificent ambassador for Australia. A man who knew what he was talking about. Will be missed.

i grew up watching steve on tv. i can still remember going to school the day after his show was first shown in CQ, it was all anyone could talk about. australia has lost a great ambassador! my thoughts go out to his family and inparticular his kids! here`s hoping only good comes from this tragety. the world has lost one of its real good guys! #

what a sad day
    he was a great Austalian , Man , Naturist, Conservationist, father and friend of animals
    may he be rembered for the great things he has done for the country and the world.

its a sad day in australia but he died doing what he loved

R.I.P steve

may your memory live on.

marlinqld

A sad loss........ironic that he was filming for a documentary he was making on The Ocean Killers.................

His legacy will stay with us forever

MIke

Steve Irwin, today you became a true legend

History today marks the passing of a great conservationist, lariken and "All round Australian" with the highest level of respect and deservedly so

To the Irwin family, the Nation mourn's your loss, we also mourn our own loss.
    Godspeed Steve

....bugga...

i regard this as equal to the headlines for elvis, diana, and the twin towers...

in my time ...
    "whats the time"

Steve epitomised the Australian characteristics of having a go and sticking up for what you believe in. We may not have always agreed with him or his actions but you can't fault his enthusiasm for life and love of his family, country and the world surrounding him and the sincere way that he expressed this.
    Sincere condolences to his friends and family.

True blue aussie legend!!! RIP Steve!!!

Looks like he was needed somewhere else , a sad loss for us and bigger loss for his family