Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fish kills spear-fishing diver

Fish kills spear-fishing diver

A FLORIDA diver shot a large grouper with a speargun then apparently drowned when the fish sped into a hole, entangling the man in the line attached to the spear, investigators said today.

More here
    http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/s...003402,00.html

Good , the idiot shouldn't be shooting something like that anyway.

Re: Fish kills spear-fishing diver

It would be done for the bragging rights, YA SHOUDAR SEEN THE GODAM FISH I GOT BOY

Must have been a Taliban Grouper eh ?

Oh well, bad luuck for the diver but like you say, why shoot a magnificent creature like that anyways ?

If men are from Mars, and women are from Venus, politicians must be from uranus ?

that'll learn em

Groupers rule mate!!!!! silly bugger!!

Nice attitude considering a bloke has died, I wonder if the same cosiderate attitude was given to Steve Irwin and Peter Brock both of whom also did dangerous/stupid things. If you were strangled by a strong handline that got wrapped around your neck while hooked up to a groper or any other large fish should we laugh at your death.

Steve had respect for the environment, the other guy you are talking about I do not know.
    Any person that shoots a grouper is up against the odds. You stand a chance of coming of second best, and he did.

It is all fun and games until somebody looses an eye.......
    Then it gets hilarious.

Wessel

I kill lots of fish and I have respect for the environment.

Quote Originally Posted by johnlikes2fish
    Nice attitude considering a bloke has died, I wonder if the same cosiderate attitude was given to Steve Irwin and Peter Brock both of whom also did dangerous/stupid things. If you were strangled by a strong handline that got wrapped around your neck while hooked up to a groper or any other large fish should we laugh at your death.
    Thousands die every day, the ones I don't know and never heard of I don't particularly feel sorry for.
    We are all going to die, including you.
    I think we are entitled to laugh at the ones that go through their own stupidity.

sounded like an accident to me, and as I already said I doubt your attitude to Brocky or Steve Irwin was the same (I doubt you know whether they were nice blokes, the stuff you saw and read about them was prepered by public relations people (I liked there public personas)). I just think its a little callous to be slack to people who died, did you think Germaine Greer was a bit of a cow for hooking into the Croc Hunter after he died, I'm sure the blokes family thought she was a ######. Why's this fella different

threadfin_jim

if you read it in the paper there is 50% chance of it being bullsh....!!!

If ur "intelligent" enough to shoot a couple of hundred pound grouper ur gunna get urself in the S**T
    Thats not a freak accident its doing something stupid
    of course this is only my opinion...

Some gropers are totaly protected tell me this d!ckhead didn't spear a protected species >
    Tight lines <*)(((((((((><

indeed spearing a huge grouper is a pretty stupid idea, i wonder if the diver was carrying a knife with him? dont know why he wouldve needed a line attached if he was only in 7.5m of water and presumable spearing reef species, all of my mates that go spearing dont use float lines etc unless targeting bluewater species such as macs etc

was speared in the US dont know what there laws are