Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fish Too Pretty

Fish Too Pretty

Being a new member this is my first post and even though it may cause me some embarrassment I just had to share this with someone. Last trip outside the Keppels I caught a good size parrot but was made to throw it back because my wife reckoned it was too pretty to kill and eat. Needless to say if I catch a coral trout then I will cut its throat and throw it in the esky even before she gets a look in. Congrats on a great site that provides heaps of info and plenty of laughs.

NeilD

Re: Fish Too Pretty

Welcome to the site Drifta

Thats got to hurt throwing them back because they look too nice

Look forward to more posts from your area

Cheers

Neil

wayne_cook

nice post drifta

Welcome to Ausfish. Mate I would have said to the wife "Well you are pretty and I didn't throw you back did I?"

Poodroo

He who aims at nothing is sure to hit it.

marlinqld

no comment from me for fear of embarrasing a new member.......

welcome aboard mate

Mike

Yep. Understand that. My wife hates to look at the big snapper because they have a "face". Too cruel to take such an animal with a personality she reckons.

Hasn't stopped me yet, though.

Wifey hates the grunting sound that the big Trevs make she feels sorry for them so they are sent back to the deep , love a small one for the table though.
    Cheers
    Barry
    Take photos and memories leave only footprints, respect the enviroment when 4 wheel driving , never be too busy to help out someone in need.

DaveSue_Fishos_Two

Hey Drifta, does your wife eat lamb?

Dave

Yes Dave she does but the difference is she doesn't have to watch me cut it's throat and gut it first.

I have been instructed to also make it known that the wife loves fishing just as much as I do and would go out in the boat every weekend weather permitting. Just because she throws back the pretty ones doesn't make her any less a fisherman. Her words not mine.

Hi Drifta

Welcome to the site mate. There's a fair argument you could mount for leaving the better half at home sometimes so that you can surprise her with your catch of................................................ .................................................. .................................skinless, boneless fillets

Best of luck. Hope ya catch heaps of ugly fish

Cheers
    Paul
    Ranger 188VX - "Sweet Chariot"

Hi again Drifta, well here is an idea and I hope she isn't looking over your shoulder whilst reading this. When you catch a pretty fish just tell her you have to keep it because the hook lodged into its gills and it wouldn't survive anyhow. Just trying to help you out mate.

Poodroo

He who aims at nothing is sure to hit it.

Great_White

Hi Drifta, welcome to ausfish They are a nice looking fish but they taste even better than the look

So you may need to target the ugly looking ones to keep the MRS happy

Peter

parrot-the best eating fish out there!!!!!!

Mate do what i did the wife wanted to come out side with me to see what all the fuss was about the day i took her out it was blowing a 2o knot s/e didnt go to far out as i knew what the outcome would be. pulled up baited her line droped it down gave it to her the fishing rod that is didnt bother with mine one minute later she hands me back her rod leans over the side back inside i go she has never stepped back into the boat even though i keep asking if she wants to come

russell

There will be days when the fishing is better than one's most optimistic forecast, others when it is far worse. Either is a gain over just staying home.