Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Leaping stingray stabs Florida man in chest

Re: Leaping stingray stabs Florida man in chest

Turtleshead, here's a pic I found of the spotted eagle ray's tail barb.
    "When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.-- Mark Twain"

......and guys.......SHHHHHHH!!!! about the killer stingray movie idea. If the Hollywood dingbats read that, they probably WOULD make the dang thing.

"Bucky--The Stingray From Outer Space! -- He ate the Earth and warmed our hearts!"

The feel-good hit of the year!

P.S. Never in a million years would I have guessed that rays could jump! They don't look very "jumpy." Ya learn soemthing new every day.

"When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.-- Mark Twain"

Quote Originally Posted by themissus
    We had one stalking us on the yabby flats opp. Chindera boat ramp some months ago. Very off putting, I jumped back in the boat a few times, it go just a little too close to the tooties.
    Cheers Kim.

Must of thought you had nice looking tooties there Kim....or thought they were Yabbies you'll have to stop useing that pink nail polish
    Rainbow Trout is NOT skittle flavoured fish.........

In regards to handling rays, like already mentioned throw towel or sack over the barb. Secure tail with foot and grab by putting fingers in its eyes. once done carefully grab the end of the tail. Just pick it up and throw it back in, unless you keep them for shark bait.

El Carpo
    They jump and surf too. On Stradbroke Island you can see them catching waves and jumping out of the face of the wave, out from Point Lookout. Check out the area on Google earth its a pretty magical place. Its east of Brisbane, about 20-25 miles. When they jump they make quite a loud splashdown and we often hear them when we are out on the bay
    Rando