Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Absolutely disgusting at Jacob Well

finga64

Re: Absolutely disgusting at Jacob Well

Has anyone thought about the countless chucks of polystyrene floating around the water ways that were crab pot floats??
    I don't know how many floats I've seen in the water with about 20m of algae, slime or whatever hanging of the float or rope.
    These usually are no-where within cooee of any other traps that I could see.

I'm not game enough to pull them up (they may well be someones pots that live permanently in the water and they may be bigger and meaner then me and beat the snot outa me) to see if they are strays that just float around the waterways but seems unusual to have the amount of "growth" hanging off them and for them to be all on their Larry Lonesome.

Any thoughts??

God.... What the hell is happening. Polution is happening everywhere around here. Logan River and Jacobs Well. 2 of my most favorite places in the whole world.
    Im not happy at all.

CHRIS_aka_GWH

many thanks to steve (stevedemon) who has contacted council about this - ta steve. The combo of state gov and council may get some action -

I like the thought of getting Nugget involved if necessary.

I may not get down there again this weekend - can others keep us posted on the progress of the clean up - I wish I had taken pics - i had the camera but just didn't think of it..

chris

Hi all
    i have received a Ph call from the Gold Coast city council today they are investigating the report on the foam and taking action i'll give credit where credit is due this is quick response from a council and the people to whom work there it was not a Councillor from the council but a worker to whom i spoke to and have taken the responsibilities well they are also going to get the Gold Coast Marine Safety Board on this one as well as the other of hazard in Logan river Tyres and axles floating down the river system

well done gold coast city council workers Evironmental, health and safety strandards,

Cheers
    Steve

CHRIS_aka_GWH

still no response (not even an acknowlegment of the message) from the Queensland State Government EPA.

That's great encouragement to the average guy to report matters of environemental concern.

Give a gong to the Gold Coast City Council and the guys and gals behind the phones at their EPA. Follow thru pleeeeaaaase - the pin is to special to trash!!!

Fisherman are the first wall in environmental protection - not the most vocal - but usually the most concerned.

chris