Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: it was a just an idea,,,,now i think its great

Re: it was a just an idea,,,,now i think its great

bugger the fish info on each month..I vote for a boat with an attractive figurehead on each one for every month..boat in the background of course.

I'd be in for a couple myself.

But, really, as long as they as fair dinkum fishing photos. Not some bimbo holding a fish. Might sound boring, but really.

Steve

Perhaps adding somewhere on the page a member pic and bio every month. If you are looking at using the pics taken by members then maybe the photographer could have their info added at the bottom.
    Eat well, drink in moderation, exercise often and yet you still die anyway!

just had news emailed that we are in the running from the print shop,,,awaiting now to hear from all of you!!!!!!!!!!

to print either a pic per page,,,or a mosaic style is no probs as long as pics are clear,,,""crisp"" and BELONG to you,,,

i have at this stage asked for,,,,pricing on a BOOK style calendar,,,pic above,,,dates below,,

dates to show moon phase,,(i have left tidal info out,,,simply because this changes from area to area)
    and enough room to jot in memo's,, and relevant daily info

additional data requirements are now open,,,,,,please yell our thoughts
    pics,,,,please yell your thoughts,,,,,,,,,

i am reserving the cover,,,and back cover for steve's thoughts,,,,and a sample is being drated as i write to supply

agin i stress,,, this is just an idea,,, if you want it to happen,,, don't be shy,,, voice your thoughts,,,post a couple of pics,,,

lets see were it goes,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,choppa
    can it get any better??????????????,,,,,,,,,,,,,,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgG_TxEPaQE

What about April - Something like pic of Grinner or Toadie or other trash species. #

Maybe just a little pic for the 1st

Yes you are prob right about tide times.

puks

Bundy_Burp

Chopper it would appear that a lot of the questions here are about knots , general rigging of baits and rods maybe a different knot each month somewhere on each page or on the the back of each page some info on rigging of baits and the such .
    Only a thought

Bundy

Hey Choppa. I think the pic per month is the way to go. With maybe moon phases on the calender with the important dates of the year marked. eg. Boat shows, tackle shows etc. Im sure everyone here will have better ideas than myself but I hope this is a start.

Kel [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]

I can help you out with a few shots of me in a pink tutu or would you prefer g-string shots? enerG-string that is
    George
    seriously its a great idea, i hope it gets a green light
    At Heaven's gate a soldier stood,
    his story ready to tell,
    St Peter said, 'no need my son all is understood,
    Go right in cos you've already served your time in Hell'

George I dont know that I want to imagine you prancing around on a roof in a pink tutu. (although you would get a lot of free advertising in the paper lol)

Kel [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]

Bundy_Burp

Ok one more suggestion for the calender no G-STRINGS and NO TuTus

Bundy

Slient

brillant idea...
    How about add up the predicated best fishing time with tide and moon as you spoke...

Choppa you should make some commission...

Silent

marlinqld

Anyone game to dangle a placcy in a pic LOL #

bidkev

Chop, to get the ball rolling with the pics, how about asking members to submit on this thread?

They would have to be within 100k for publishing here, but the "master" pic held by the submitter for possible later printing would have to be at least 2 megs and preferably 3, would it not, for the scanner/printer to produce reasonable quality?

"Stock" pics of the fisho holding his catch can be seen on any fishing mag, so it may well be more novel to try a different approach re the pics........images of all that fishing entails......the happy kid with his fish.....sea scapes.......pics epitomising the mateship that arises from fishing......something like the atmosphere that this site creates. That is not to dismiss the idea of the fisho with his catch entirely though. Just an idea........me thinking outside the square

A deadline for submissions, a shortlist picked by yourself and ausfish, then a final poll of the members as to which 12 pics, so that they get a say in what goes on the calendar. It may be too much work and clog the site a bit..I don't know?

If there are any members pics that have good content, but are under or over exposed or have flare, or other poor technical quality, then I may be able to fix 'em up to an acceptable standard, although I think the film planner at the printers would be able to do that or at least tell you if a pic could be reproduced to acceptable printing quality.....they probably do it in house, as they did when I was in the business.

kev

and i think kev you have hit the nail on the head exactly,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

encapulating the input HAS to come from the site,,,and hence why i thought a mosaic style arrangement would allow ALL members who input would then have ownership in some way or another,,,

but hey,,,if mosaic/pic per page/or whatever,, is wanted,, then so it shall be

your thoughts also on showing pics here is also great,,, so let the game begin

any newbies that require assistance in posting pics please yell,,,

[move](BUT please remember one and all,,pics must belong to you,,,,)[/move]

can it get any better??????????????,,,,,,,,,,,,,,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgG_TxEPaQE