Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: has anyone asked where your handle comes from

Re: has anyone asked where your handle comes from

Quote Originally Posted by theoldlegend
    Dasher,

You said that back in the 70's "You worked in the Post Office". #

Shouldn't that have read "You were employed in the Post Office"? #

TOL

Err sorry TOL, I stand corrected mate. Our favourite saying was "work's for the unemployed and we've got a job"

As I have been fishing down the Jumpinpin since 1968, I thought something along the lines of the Pin would do...but then I thought it need some more "pizzazz"..so bugger it..why not Pin Head....seeing as how 'head' is used to describe someone is a fanatic on something..so there it is...oh, ok then...I have a long narrow head also if that is what you want to think.

the_baker

My trade when i lived in agnes water .

my real name is Mullet Gut,so as I could remain anonamous here I spelled it backwards.TRUE
    Not all tools are usefull.
    Nappies and politicians should be changed regularly for the same reason..

Commodore

Started on this site as “Commodore” That was the name the boys gave me from the Condamine Crusaders, bunch of fellas who do a once a year bush thing . Then came along “The Commodore” (got a bit confusing) and cause at the time I was fishing a lot with Cheech…it had to be Chong…..
    I’ll let Cheech explain how he became Cheech.
    And it’s not what you think
    We only like a Bundy or 6

Well
    mine is kinda obvious, im a landbased fisho. Not out of choice, but a lack of deckie positions . Actually, i was surprised that it wasnt taken, nor has been on any other website . mayb im the only 1 dumb enough to admit it
    cheers

If its legal size and its not vermin ( fairly wide definition here), its likely to get eaten..........fish = yum!!!

Re: has anyone asked were your handle comes from

Quote Originally Posted by Grand_Marlin

Grand Marlin - For my love of game fishing, and connotations of anatomy (well, you did ask !)
    I figured it was because after you done some work you presented your customers with a big bill

Only kidding mate, you looked after me on the price.

Good luck,
    Mike

Sorry Dasher,

Just couldn't help myself. Before I retired, I used to work in the Forestry Dept and the DPI. Sorry, meant to say I was employed there.

TOL

Mr Wong #
    Well I was Tuckerman...... #that dissapeared over time when I was offline for a while, then I was SharkBait, only to find I was a ring in and the real sharkbait (with lots of posts) kept the name and #I became MrWong.
    Why.... some late at night camp fire communication between myslef and Lew (pegusus off Ausfish) ending up in conversations in funny accents about "special fried rice" dim sims and numerous other weird and wacky concoctions. My kids me and my dog found it so funny that #it has stuck. Everywhere we go we look for another version of the wong chinese resteraunt chain:
    OK i WONG'S in Geeelong ( or Geewong)
    Phone Wongs in Strathpine
    Suzie Wongs in Enoggera
    The cousins the Wons resteraunt in #Wawrick and believe in or not MrWongs in Chermside area. Theres also a boat I have seen fishing at Curtain called The Wongaling!

Any who for those who think its a cwazy nickname maybe your right, maybe I got it all wong!
    Oh and i am caucasian ....... am not racist #probably just someone with a sense off humour! cheers to all!
    Norm

This is a really good post Choppa. My handle is the brand name I gave a very successful lure that I developed and made since the early nineties, the previous lure I made was a Bass Baga but the newer one blitzed it. The Blitz Baga (now manufactured by Smak) is known to many bass fisho's in SEQ.

Cheers
    Murray

Quote Originally Posted by MrWong
    . My kids me and my dog found it so funny that it has stuck. Everywhere we go we look for another version of the wong chinese resteraunt chain:
    OK i WONG'S in Geeelong ( or Geewong)
    Phone Wongs in Strathpine
    Suzie Wongs in Enoggera
    The cousins the Wons resteraunt in Wawrick and believe in or not MrWongs in Chermside area. Theres also a boat I have seen fishing at Curtain called The Wongaling!

I'm not sure if it's still there, but the food court at Toowong shopping village used to have the wonderfully titled "The Two Wongs". Like I say, it might not be there now, so I could be WONG

Good luck,
    Mike

Guess

Uni days.

Last name is Bugg and it's what my mates called me.

My girlfriend at the time and now wife only knew me as Bugman for the first month of our relationship.

good story el carpo,, mine,s kevy, seeing as my first name is kevin. sorry no story to tell, (ah well thems the breaks) cheers, kevy.