Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: has anyone asked where your handle comes from

Re: has anyone asked were your handle comes from

My last name is street and I punched in different plays on the word till I found one that wasn't taken already.

timbacutta

Mine is a bit of a combination. I actually lived in Bundaberg for 9 years and people would comment, here comes lundy from bundy. Also I have been known to partake in 1 or 2 of bundy's finnest spirit on the odd occassion. So "BundyLundy" just sort of stuck even though I now live elsewhere. Younger broter's call sign is "Barralundi".

Jeff.

LIPPA i's got big friggin lips . we were off fraser aboutr 4 year ago in september, and catching heapas of red throat, aftwer seeing them, and me, the boys made there own conclusion, and it stuck

Aquired mine while i used to play an online war game.I had a dodgey old computer at the time that used to play up lots,someone said thats a major defect and it stuck.

Mine came form swapping isp's years ago and trying to find a used name that was not taken, heck even old user names I had with other isp I could not use so out of desperation one time I said to the young lady one the ph. what about Aussiefool? sure ok so it stuck even my boat is called Aussiefool II
    Aussiefool
    Andrew
    Rainbow Trout is NOT skittle flavoured fish.........

This is like trying to decipher personalised number plates, isn't it? There's generally a bit of a story to them.

Mine came about because just about everything I do around the house turns into a bit of a fiasco, especially when it's a DDD (Designated Drinking Day), so I became known as "The Legend". Some of my major works can be likened a bit to Tim the Toolman from "Home Improvements" or Mike O'Connor from the Courier Mail.

My daughters added the "Old" bit because I was born in the first half of the previous century. They're currently out of the will.

TOL

mitch_05

mines just short for my name mitchel and i was born in 1992

mitch

Awesome, I always look at the nicks and wonder where they came from....

Well, I am the eldest of four brothers.... all with fishy names...

Grand Marlin - For my love of game fishing, and connotations of anatomy # (well, you did ask !)

Mullet - Get a Mullet up 'Ya ... and yes, it did work with the ladies #

Gurnet - spiky, cynical and not much good for anything..... (look it up - Red Gurnard)

and

Minnow - the youngest and smallest.

Cheers

Pete

Mine comes from the National Lampoon movies every time we as a family go on holiday we seem to have the same kind of luck that sparky and ellen grizwald have >
    Rain if anyone is having less than perfect rainfall in their area, invite me for a camping holiday that should do the trick
    My darling wife just started calling me Griz, that was taken so Griz066 was next (born 1966)
    Tight lines <*)(((((((((><

I got my name at school 55 years ago, they called me spindle shanks (skinny legs) it got shortend later in time.
    Spindles.

Mine , well you guessed it ,
    I've got a dodgy back, that's put me off work but has given me more fishing time.

Mick

Re: has anyone asked where your handle comes from

This is a good read and topic, choppa ! well done. Might have to ' sticky ' it up for a while.

Lucky_Phill.............. probably says it all.

Probably me still being on this Earth due to shear luck rather than good management. When I tell people of the below experiences, they would say, " Jeez you're lucky ". But what about Lotto ? no luck there !

The incidences that came" oh so close" to taking me away were:-

2 x boating ( explosion and shipwreck )
    2 x motorcycle ( 1 prang and 1 other )
    2 x car ( 1 crash and 1 near miss )
    1 x near fatal disease
    1 x serious injury

That leaves me with one life left ( 8 / 9 )

Other than that, I feel lucky to be here, be apart of this great country, have the friends I have, to meet the people I have, to share my fishing exploits and to have the love of my family and those I cherrish.

Cheers Phill
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Derek_Bullock

You have handles. My mummy and daddy gave me mine.

the reason for my 'handle' is that when i signed up i had just finished reading an article on livebaiting longtail tuna by gary howard.

hence 'longtail' was the first thing that came to mind when i had to chose a screenname.

cheers
    jason
    ... i only work to support my fishing addiction.....

bidkev

From my first rig since coming to Oz. Jeeeez I miss her

kev

A long dispute means that both parties are wrong.