Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: has anyone asked where your handle comes from

Re: has anyone asked where your handle comes from

My friends called me B Man, then it shortened to B and then one mate decided to "Starsky and Hutch" my nickname to Huggy B (from the character Huggy Bear). I have about a thousand other nicknames (Wombat, Trunk) - mainly revolving around me being built like a brick s**thouse.

Huggy B is also my on air radio name for a local community radio.

chanquetas

Deep Fried Whitebait. Yuummmmm.....

TIM-DONSELAAR

Mine is easy - My name

cheers tim

Great subject, mine is a shortened name of my stage name when I play for Dances " TechnicTone"

I wonder how Dave "NUGGET" Downie got his handle?????????
    Cheers ttone

well... I had just moved from sydney and joined this website
    and what an area to move to

Daniel

finga64

Good one choppa #

When I used to work many years ago I did a lot of work for 1 particular family with some little kids.
    My name is Scott Fisher and the kids couldn't say that so they called me Scotch Finga and that got shortened to Finga by their dad (usually when he wanted something I shouldn't really do or when I was in trouble for not coming soon enough when the poo hit the fan) and still sticks for that family and a lot of other people in Warwick.

I wish my handle was clever and witty.
    When I joined Ausfish I couldn't think of an appropriate name. I was looking out the window at my boat and could just see the brand name...Horizon. So I thought Horrie would be ok.
    Bit wussy hey...!

Horrie (a.k.a. John)

jack_attacks

Mine reflects the fish I love to chase...and how hard they hit!
    Cheers
    JA (Matt)

Bill_Klein

What can i say i love the out doors and fishin
    I Once said to my missus i could survive on my own for a weekend with just a pocket knife and a box of matches and she laughed but i showed her

great tread Choppa

Gone_fishing was already Gone so being on the computer a lot, and seeing heaps of the "phishing" type emails, went for that spelling. Young bloke Josh is Going_phishing 'cause he's younger

Boring eh

Geoff

My name comes from my niece when she was about 2-3. My "real" mane is Stuart, but when she said it it came out as stubid or stubi, everyone thought she was saying stupid (not far from the truth ). She got into trouble from her mum the first time until we worked out what she was saying, stubi kind of stuck.

Now I use it all the time

When we used to go freshwater fishing years ago me and a mate used to enjoy abit of a drink. The missus said when she asked us how we went the reply was something along the lines of "argle argle argle, big trout argle argle argle, more beer argle argle argle" so that became the name of my first boat and it seemed appropriate for my screen name here!

Cheers and beers
    Scott
    "Mystique" Haines Signature 580BR with 175 of Mr Suzuki's finest ponies

youngmind huuummmmm mate of my saying because I sometimes do little hoon with car and also mad on fishing as fast as I can stay up all night

Slient

Quote Originally Posted by young_mind
    youngmind huuummmmm mate of my saying because I sometimes do little hoon with car and also mad on fishing as fast as I can stay up all night #
    Guess who was 'mate' started new nick names for fishing club last year.
    There were trio regular on the car pool to the fishing trips and we named him "Young mind"
    Because he owns roaring V8 kingswood HQ station wagon painted in the sparking dark green.
    thats why he like do little hoon with his toy

From your mate
    Silent

Started out as a nickname with a School & Surfing buddy, I was Orbit man and my faithful sidekick Keg-boy would dominate the waves(not really but you can be anything in a teenage drunken stuper). 10 Years later when i joined up the local Board riders club where my faithful sidekick was secretary, There was confusion when the names were called out for my first heat. My buddy has a strange way of writing a D and my real name(rod) was read out as ROO. I nearly missed the heat as everyone was asking who is roo? and i'm thinking "beats me". the name has stuck ever since and I don't no why i kept the orby part????Should probably shorten it.

Cheer, Roo.