Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: has anyone asked where your handle comes from

Re: has anyone asked where your handle comes from

Bloke i was working for years a go reckoned I was high strung, just like a bungie rope.

gogecko

I bought into a real estate franchise called Go Gecko right about the time I joined ausfish. The founder who named the group, named it after Gordon Gecko on the movie Wall St because he thought greed is good. His thoughts, not mine.

I should probably change it to go_gecko or the gecko so it doesnt look so weird, one day I'll get around to it.

Andrew

What a bloody awesome thread..!!!
    Pretty easy, name is Ben, so nickname is Benno..
    Some great stories on here though.

Cheers Benno

David_P

"Alchemy" - my boat's name.

My mate Bob suggested I call my new boat "The Alchemist", as any time aboard is going to be gold. My girlfriend thought "Alchemy" sounded better, so that was it!

Alchemy: the medieval chemical science which sought in particular to transmute baser metals to gold, and to find a universal solvent and an elixir of life. (the Macquarie Dictionary)

A bit deep, but seems to be true!!!

Dave.

Two wongs don't make a white.

TOL

Mine comes from the boat we bought for $500 bucks, it was a mess but the motor was good, i named it the SS Minnow and i wanted to go sink it and make a nice reef out of it, needless to say, its still sitting in the back yard waiting for me to get off my ass and fix it. Oh and they call me The Skipper too,,,,,,,,ha ha ha

Mine comes from being a carrer firefighter who loves to fish, also its the name of my boat

scott_b

Mine started from my surname "Bamberry" ended up bambam at school then me drunken mates that cant leave anything alone changed it to wamjam stuck now.
    wamjam

Mine came from a fish that used to swim around your feet when i was born on Norfolk island. They were called attooty fish and since my name is matt, my parents used to call me mattooty. The name sorta stuck with email address's, names and everything. lol
    Matt

Wear_the_fox_hat

I'm still looking!!!

(for a reason as to why I used this name)
    WTFH

P.S. Good thread Choppa.

Flash

Quote Originally Posted by gogecko
    I bought into a real estate franchise called Go Gecko right about the time I joined ausfish. The founder who named the group, named it after Gordon Gecko on the movie Wall St because he thought greed is good. His thoughts, not mine.

I should probably change it to go_gecko or the gecko so it doesnt look so weird, one day I'll get around to it.

Andrew
    We should probably get together, especially if you have that view of Gordon Gecko.

I do real estate finance and I can get better rates and servicability than just about anyone.

Well,
    My other hobby is French Cars(no laughing or frog jokes please) and we have just recently bought a 'new' second hand 2001 Renault Scenic RX4....

self named due to my love of lure fishing and totally unbiased modest appreciation of my own brilliant ability to get lures where no other human could even possibly dream of #......better than 'gav' anyway

G A W are the first letters of my names and the by just added causing GAWBY
    Graeme

DICER, SLICER, ARGONAUTE, RISC, miRNA, siRNA, Helicase, RNAse, DROSHA, tasiRNA, snoRNA...... are all part of my work and they have nothing to do with diced onions, though I do eat them with my raw herring - yum yum. I guess my handle is also what sharks do best - it would be nice to have a piece of flake too.