Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: has anyone asked where your handle comes from

Re: has anyone asked where your handle comes from

Geez, I don't know about mine, bears no relevance to my real name, nor any of my boats names.

Maybe this is where my mates got it from ?
    http://www.dirtysanchezthemovie.com/
    If men are from Mars, and women are from Venus, politicians must be from uranus ?

lived in bamaga for 3 years with the torres strait islanders (my heart never left). beautiful people and beautiful place and the fishing...... solwota is the islander word for ocean

Some mates I go fishing with each year at Fraser started to call me sac because I emigrated from South Africa 5 years ago. I assume it means s(outh) a(frican) c(ricketer), or maybe s(outh) a(frican) c(ool dude)

i & wife were invited on a cruise up the broardie to be entertained,wined(capital W),& dined with the hope of some developers that we would buy into a new upmarket townhouse/marina complex-lashings of gold chains,diamonds, pretention etc. everywhere-we were sitting in a very talky group(talking mainly about themselves) when someone asked this cool looking 50's fella-"donn ,what are you doing with yourself thesedays"-he simply replied "oh, im fitting out a little cresta56"-you could of heard a pin drop-it was so different to the previous"just been to dubai to set up a deal,how much rio tinto did you bag etc,etc.-i thought thats impressive even though im not in his league-the moment always stuck in my mind-im just plain don-so like the handle donnnnnnnnn!
    regards,donn.

Hi,
    What a brilliant topic. Why didnt some one think of this before.
    My moniker is from my favourite place - the Coromandel Peninsula, New Zealand. Never really left there . Great fishing, diving, surf and scenery. I will always be a Coromandel boy. Just love Vicky Pt here in Brissy though so many be I should change my name to Vicky boy. Maybe the mrs would be too suspicious eh. Now where have those sheep gone?

I started calling myself "Sweetlip" on this site after the first fish I had caught on my then new boat.

Then another Ausfisher started using the name "Sweetlips" and I thought that to avoid any confusion, I would change mine. Also a guy once told me that he did not feel right about calling another guy "Sweetie". I was not that keen about that either.

So I just re-named myself and the first thought that came into my head was just my home town of many years ago.

When I was a kid in Charleville, I used to see pictures of the beach and the ocean on calendars and would not believe that such places existed. The pictures also had ladies wearing their underwear on the beach (bikinis) which was not what one saw outdoors in Charleville either. I was convinced that the pictures were all contrived by artists.

I now wish that I had changed the name a little to Charlie Ville which would have been cleverer.

When I discovered that the ocean was for real, I never looked back at the inland. Matter of fact, when I am sitting in my boat at Mud Island, I often watch the big ships come to and from the Port of Brisbane in awe and wonder what it would have been like to grow up in a coastal environment and go off to become the master of one of those ships. Apart from the disruptive family life, it must surely be wonderful.

Mine's the same as my boat except the boat doesn't have 01 on the end.I had a login problem once so had to create a new name hence the 01.

Mine comes from a nick name my oldest son gave me after I remarried a "younger" wife...much...and we kind of started another family...somehow.

Sacman I've pondered your name for a while and come to the conclusion you're probably right either cricketer or cooldude would have to be it. I can't imagine what else you're mates could have meant.

after 8 thousand beers i tend to dis-courage people from going home by gently bellowing in their ears " !!!!!!!!! SISSY BOY !!!!!!!!!!!!"
    suffered a bit of bounceback i'm afraid...........

G-day

My little grandaughter calls me dop instead of pop.Pop is common.dop aint common.

Regards Peter.

Yeah Shayned
    I have also pondered.... This is a picture of the guy who started it all - his problem is that he drinks a lot of home made vodka when he goes to Fraser and then he starts to speak in Russian so anything he says is difficult to interpret... In this picture he is cleaning all the fish we caught. We made him do that because he needed to learn how to do it properly. The day after this picture is when he started to call me sac

mines from my boat
    my mates made it up as its an old 5.5 mustang but they all reckon its a good old tub hence the name.

Mine started in another forum/chat room that I used to frequent. When I had to come up with a username I thought I'd use one of my dogs names. I've got 2 mutts, Tiger and Roxy, and of course thought Tiger sounded better. After a while was generally referred to as Tiges on that site, so thought that'll do when I joined in here.

shane_wright

MINE COMES FROM MY BOAT "SEAFARER VICTORY" AND OF CAUSE MY MAME SHANE (HOW ORIGINAL HEY)..........