Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: has anyone asked where your handle comes from

Re: has anyone asked where your handle comes from

i was told by some mates i needed a bigger boat. i told them it was bigenuff. i was after a name for my boat at the time, so i thought why not call it that.

2 easy to guess? I got introduced to Spaniard Fishing and I was lucky enough to score some very good fish in my first season and the name seemed good enough. Sadly this season its been No Big Macs.

CHeers
    Phill

Excellent thread - keep em coming...

Some regulars on here that I'd like to see explain their origins.........

flickflack
    touchy
    szopen
    volvo
    2iar
    ThePinkPanther
    foockchucker

Fixation comes from my boat name. My old mans boat is called Addiction and the guy that used to own dad's boat called his boat Obsession. Our family's are all mad keen fisho's so each name describes us well.

many years ago when visiting the UK the locals in the village pub I used to frequent decided my accent needed some explanation and they came up with the very original Oz which on occasion was lengthened to Ozwald........

eggbeater

Named after my boat

I just can't seem to think of anything clever enough so I stick with the boring one I've got. I gave up when I saw this one on another site, to my mind it's one of the best ever. "The Bream Reaper"

I agree great thread.

Fish2eat,

Are you really sure you would like to know how "foockchucker" got the name?

It seems a bit obvious once you rearrange a few letters.

TOL

Quote Originally Posted by theoldlegend
    Fish2eat,

Are you really sure you would like to know how "foockchucker" got the name? #

It seems a bit obvious once you rearrange a few letters. #

TOL

Oh no......how embarrassment !!

Before I got my boat I used to sit on a rock wall fishing and watching all the boaties head out-I felt like a shag on a rock waiting for a fish to come along.A bit of research showed me that there is a sea bird called a rough headed shag which I shortened to rough shag.
    It can also mean something completely different as in 'she picked up a bloke last night at the club but he was a really rough shag' which has been said to me once or twice usually on nights when there's been a full moon and I was keen to get it over with before high tide so I could go fishing and brag to my fishing mates about the nights earlier entertainment!! .So Rough Shag it is. Cheers! Jace.

Wyoming? American perhaps... nooo

Boat rego is WYO 90Q, close enough?

Neil

Steve_Monckton

Don't take this the wrong way lads but mine is Rabbi as I always seem to attract the jews(fish)

Scarecrow

My boat is called scarecrow and radio call
    sign.from old tv show called scarecrow and mrs king.

Jim_Byrne

My name is Byrne as in burn, and I always get the 3rd degree when I'm late!

Mine comes from a trip to Dundee Beach NT where after a good run out to the 16mile reef I was lucky enough to get onto a good patch of reef fish. My mate was in his boat with a fella from down south and they just couldn't get there pick to hold.

Every time they looked over to my boat I was down the back with a rod in each hand deciding which one had the bigger fish on it.

When we got back to the beach he called me 2rods and I liked it and named the boat that as well.