Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: has anyone asked where your handle comes from

Re: has anyone asked where your handle comes from

Quote Originally Posted by choppa
    [quote author=Igutso link=1145617373/135#147 date=1160385672]Igutso is a cartoon character I'm involved with

i'm hoping you mean in the ""literally"" sense [/quote]

dont tell the missus,
    Tangles KFC

Well I left it a bit long to add my reasoning behind my name and I had to read through 11 pages first. Wow there are some great handles out there. I was tempted to just say nothing and leave everyone guessing about mine. Well here goes nothing.... my real name is ANDREW and I have an uncle with a sense of humour who blurted out one day Poodroo instead of Andrew at a family gathering and everyone thought is was hilarious. As much as I hated the nickname initially it sort of stuck to me like the proverbial sh!t to a blanket and I eventually learned to live with it.(Had no choice because everyone was calling me that) Since joining this site I have often wondered how many people have looked at my handle and thought "WTF?" Hope this clears it up for a few. Great thread choppa. [smiley=laola.gif] There is one advantage to having my nickname however and that is it is never taken. Purely original.

Poodroo

He who aims at nothing is sure to hit it.

darryl_l

Pelagic_Chaser

whats to explain

any questions

Darryl L

It's my user name on a Jeep forum I administer.
    FAT - nothing to do with size, a play on the mispelt word Phat that is associated with modded cars etc.
    Chili - my Jeeps colour, just spelt with one L.

Fishin_till_late......

Well its generally what I do on some of my weekends (not enough)
    If I decide to go fishing and nobody else is home, to avoid everyone gettin worried about where I am on sunset I write a note sayin fishin till late.

cheers jono

Mine started out as "Magnet Ass" because of what happened during my first year in the local fishing club. Four out of the first five people I fished with hit something in the water that caused damage to their boats. They all blamed it on "My" bad luck. Then after the last incident, the guy I was with hit a submerged tree stump, they changed it to "Stump Magnet." Over the next two seasons that nickname was shortened from "Stump Magnet" to just "Stumpy" as kind of a play on the obvious. I'm just a little over 6'-2" and weigh in at around 235lbs. As for this site my handle is my nickname plus where I'm from and its the 2nd try at getting on and remembering my password.

Casey

an amalgam of my kids names that was originally a password used elsewhere (not any more).

georgia
    ellen
    sean
    claudia

gelsec.

we all know how frustrating it can be filling out forms with all the details only to be knocked back[ cause someone else has got the name you were going to use] and as i was listening to the sex pistols thats how it came about,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, boring huh cheers ian

truck_hunter

i got my name as i drive trucks for a living

What's in a name?

Hi guys, I check the boards most days. It always amuses me the names everone has for themselves. I often wonder what they really mean. Mines easy, bald as a badgers since thirty. How about sharing how your tags came about. There's certainly are few out there that could stand explaining. Poodroo for example.
    Chromey

Re: What's in a name?

There was a similar thread a while back,

Anyway, onerabbit, one =single, rabbit= parent.

A bit corny, but there ya go.

Muzz

rtranter

Last name because it's my dads
    First name because my mum said so.
    Couldn't think of a nick name, had a few though, > and some shouldn't be spoken out loud in public. >
    You lot have some very original nick names though.
    Rob

Hi, pretty new to the site but find it really interesting. We chose this name as my mum and I love to fish whenever we can so we used both our family nicknames. Moomar is mum's name this generation as most of the grandkids could not pronounce grandma, and kaf because both my brothers growing up knew I hated my name sounding like an f at the end instead of th. it grew on me and now the nieces and nephews say it 2 and sometimes my 2 yr old. lol

I used to get called Davo Dog when i was a kid because i'd chew on the bone of meat, chicken or what have you and that transpired into Dogsbody.

Dave.
    Avast ye matey!

ROB80

because i'm still dreamin about owning a boat, still dreamin about catching a large bone head snapper, still dreamin about getting out of this shite job that has me on call 7 days on 7days off call, still dreamin about paying the mortgage off.........

you get the picture