Thread: Any WA ausfish's

Any WA ausfish's

Hi All

Moving to broome in January

Are there any fisho's on line that live in broome?

Will miss those barra dams but methinks the fishin might be ok at Broome

Cheers in advance

Sy

Re: Any WA ausfish's

Hey Luskin,
    There will be one when you move there mate !

Awesome fishin up there mate, make sure you put in regular reports to make us all envious, enjoy!!!

" AINT NO FUN WATIN' ROUND TO BE A MILLIONAIRE "

Hi mate, ex west oz here and lived in Broome for 3 years.
    Head fr the 12 mile reef and the 16 mile reef. Great spots. Also, a place called Disaster Rock in the bay. Massive Mack's hang out there with treva's and some good bottom close by.
    Inshore, CRAP. Very fished out. Even when I was there in the late 80's and Early 90's off ganthumane point. Willies creek good for a shore fish as is some of the ground around Crab Creek.Ya can get to willies via the beach and have a great perve on the nudists on the way. DONT try and cross any creeks. i did and got stuck every time. Also if ya wanna travel a bit. Head North to the missions and a place called 1 arm point. Steep rock but great fishing. Take a cliff gaff. Jetty fishes well at night. There is a 300lb groper there. If ya catch it, chuck it back or the locals will hang ya. You will enjoy Broome if your not going for 2 long. I was there 3 years all up. That was too long.
    PM me if ya want any more info mate.
    P.S. Derby and the Gib River Rd. Tidal flows are among the biggest on the planet in Derby and The Gib River Rd is famous fro Barra fishing. (oh and crocks)
    Take care and have a enjoy the Kimberley region.
    I CAME INTO THIS WORLD KICKING, SCREAMING AND COVERED IN SOMEONE ELSES BLOOD. I HAVE NO PROBLEM GOING OUT THE SAME WAY.
    NEWBY T.G.

Wow

Thanks for the info Newby great stuff mate!

Hooknose I will do my best to report but sounds like I'll be too busy

Cheers

Sy

Sy,

My father used to run a beef exporting company out of Derby, although I was in boarding school at the time, I spent my holidays up there and loved it.

Just fishing off the Broom Jetty was amazing.

When in Derby we used to drive out to a place called Point Torment, which is fed by a number of creeks. Good barra fishing there, although BE WARNED, the tidal flows can catch you out. 12+ metre tides on a flat landscape.

Pop eyed mullet were the most favoured bait.

We would often arrived at Point Torment to find no ocean visible.

If you walk out to get to the water, and the tide turns, you cannot hang around!!! To get back you have to walk fast, simply to stay in front of the incomming water, not easy if the mud comes up to your knees!!!

I will definately back up what hooknose and Newby have said.

Really look forward to seeing your reports, as I would love to get back there one day.

r.
    GO THE CRUISER UTES!

....OH WHAT A FEELING!

Roz

Thanks for the news

Sounds like i better put in some time angling then

Only been a lure man but will attempt to learn a cast net now

Should be there in late Jan

Merry Xmas and a happy new year one and all

Cheers

Sy

And another word of caution - watch out for big things with big teeth like big salties (crocs)