Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: I remember when . . . .

Re: I remember when . . . .

I remember:

- panda chips
    - fishing in the Nth Pine river and catching fish
    - walking along the railway lines home, and not being run down by an electric train
    - sitting under the train bridges holding my ears and feeling the vibrations as the trains went over
    - catching my first fish at Sandgate (near the highway overpass now)
    - riding to school without a bike helmet
    - doing a paper run
    - catching yabbies in the old cow paddocks down the back of Petrie
    I love the sound of reels screaming in the morning

Quote Originally Posted by charleville
    I remember when the only place that you could buy after-hours petrol in Brisbane was at Barnes Auto at the quiet end of Adelaide Street. #You had to drive into their garage which appeared like a cave from the outside and then do a u-turn in tight space to get to the pump on the way out.
    Jeez I had forgotten that place Charleville. Thats a long way back. And then the garages bought in the coin machines. We used to scrape together a dozen or so 2 bobs and that would give us enough petrol in the FC to shoot down to the Gold Coast and back on a Friday night.

# #
    # #I REMEMBER

- No depth sounders
    - No #G.P.S
    - Leaving tall necks in outhouse @ Xmas 4 THUNDER BOX MAN
    - Launching boat @ Lennox wif some times trusty ol Tractor
    - Kings corner
    - The old Top pub in Byron
    - Liv'n in da shack on Lennox beach
    - Banana flavored milk in the square sided glass bottles
    - Being able 2 drive onbeaches #
    - Fisning in areas NOW GREEN ZONES
    - Deadly Ernest TV show on friday nites
    - The MUNSTERS
    - The ADAMS FAMILY

# #

staddie_local

i remember when, i used to be able to see the bay from my house and dident need a tide guide.. but now the trees in the way.
    les..

I remember when you could go to Fraser Island and not have to put up with lunatics destroying everything they encountered, leaving rubbish everywhere and driving like maniacs on the beach......it was actually a pleasant place to visit!
    As a famous Australian group once sang...Living in the Seventies!!!!

Cheers

Dave

gogecko

I dont remember much at all these days. Am I the only one with memory problems? The hippy movement has a lot to answer for.

If you can remember the 60s, then you werent really there man

Andrew

i remember when there was a drive in where the west burleigh shopping centre is
    i remember when you could walk down to the shop as a little tacker,6yrs old and not have to worry about being taken.
    i remember buying samboy chips for 45c
    i remember Bombay Rock in Surfers but to young to go.
    i remember jumping off the pipe at burleigh beach to surf
    i remember walking down the concrete footpath infront of the burleigh surf club to get to the beach.
    I rember going down the waterslides at Grundies in surfers.
    How things change. cant show my own kids some of things and places i used to go on the gold coast now cause they are knocking them down.
    If i could get paid the same to fish, sorry boss but i ......!

I remember my Mum giving me money to go down the shops and buy her a couple of packs of Alpines and it was OK for it to happen.

I also remember sticking bits of sparklers down inside the smokes to help her give up smoking!!!
    Funny to hear the reactions when it happens though
    Mum never did think it was funny though > >
    You say fish, I say yes please.

I remember CRACKER NITE ... Doulbe penny & penny BUNGERS
    WOT A NITE.... Wonder y im a bit deaf now

I remember Cracker night too, why did they have to cann that ? >

I remember pre decimal currency and dunnies outside
    Also remember my brother knocking the handbrake on mums car out after which the car ran into the outhouse & sent it flying

I remember prawning in Tuggerah lakes in NSW where we caught so many prawns dad took off his overalls, tied the arms and legs and filled them up

And I remember in the same lake we would drift along in the row boat and you could SEE the flathead on the bottom.. ahhh
    If men are from Mars, and women are from Venus, politicians must be from uranus ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtysanchez
    I remember Cracker night too, why did they have to cann that ? > probably cos of little buggers putting threepenny bungers in peoples letterboxes..not that I did that.I remember pre decimal currency and dunnies outside #
    Also remember my brother knocking the handbrake on mums car out after which the car ran into the outhouse & sent it flying #

I remember prawning in Tuggerah lakes in NSW where we caught so many prawns dad took off his overalls, tied the arms and legs and filled them up #

And I remember in the same lake we would drift along in the row boat and you could SEE the flathead on the bottom.. ahhh #
    I can also remember the neighbour getting her new Hills hoist....dunny man...can on the shoulder..about 4am in winter...hits the hoist...contents of can all over him..I can remember being woken by his most colourful language,.

I remember when ................................................?
    what is this thread about?????

Bob

I remember when we had a cop who used to do his beat on horse back.I remember going to the sawmill for a bucket of sawdust for the dunny.I remember catching chooks from the pen and sticking them in the dunny with the lid down{poor mum}.I remember when there was still big green frogs in Brissie.

I remember ALL OF THE ABOVE.
    Now i feel bloody morose.
    Think i will go fishing and remember when i could catch one.

I remember when we could fish and spear flat rock, and hendos.