Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ''BUSTED''

''BUSTED''

I was out for a good days fishing and to drop a few crab traps with a mate last week and while we were drifting we seen this pro fisho lifting his traps from a distance he would have lifted a good dozen of traps then he pulled another trap not far from one of my traps. then this pro fisho decided motor over and lift my trap so I seen 'red' and flew over to him while he still had my floats (which is a milk container) in his hands and we had words. I took down his LFB number and reported it to the fisheries (still waiting to hear back) while he was still next to me making excuses that his trap should be here (crap) he then said to me that I had no crabs in the trap anyway.
    While I was having loud harsh words with this pro prick I reminded him that he was caught lifting traps just days before and that his boat was rammed by the trap owners that are also pro fishos and are good mates of mine so my next call was to them so now the word is out that this new fisho in town has his own rules and everybody from the CO_OP to the boat ramps knows he is a crab thief.
    I now have people coming up to me and asking about this pro fisho and one mate who works at the local oyster farm new the boat before I told him the full story. for anyone traping around the Port Stephen area over the festive season look out for a blue and white pro boat and keep your eyes on your traps.

cheers
    Len
    #

Re: ''BUSTED''

Good work Len keep on the pr!ck. He deserves a flogging.

Dave.
    Avast ye matey!

How lucky have you got to be to actually catch the sh!t bag in the act- keep up the good work mate!!
    " AINT NO FUN WATIN' ROUND TO BE A MILLIONAIRE "

Onya Len

I've had the same thing happen to me ....... on the other had, we all have. But unfortunately I havn't caught this person yet, but I will!!!!

I'm so pleased that you've done the right thing and reported this low life, instead of winging and then doing nothing.

Len, I really want to know the end result, so keep us informed please.

All the best

roz.
    GO THE CRUISER UTES!

....OH WHAT A FEELING!

Man, you must be very controled in your emotions. I would have sunk the pricks boat, with the anchor tied around his throat.

Be interesting to see if anything is done about it.

Cheers
    Andy

This adds new meaning to the "Catch Of The day!!"

It saddens me to think a pro would stoop so low, but good onya for catching him, then running him into the authorities. He deserves a flogging that's for sure, and I wonder how many amateur fishos he has affected. The poor 'ol blokes returning home and getting a ribbing from the missus, who in my case would say " I told you there are no muddies around to be caught"

I wonder every time.... Let's hear from you again, with interest!!!

Scalem

Usually the mongrels just cut your floats off, they think they own the ocean.

Pity you didnt have the camera close handy ...

with luck he will soon be looking for a new job
    Rainbow Trout is NOT skittle flavoured fish.........

finga64

Quote Originally Posted by Scalem
    This adds new meaning to the "Catch Of The day!!"

It saddens me to think a pro would stoop so low, but good onya for catching him, then running him into the authorities. #He deserves a flogging that's for sure, and I wonder how many amateur fishos he has affected. #The poor 'ol blokes returning home and getting a ribbing from the missus, who in my case would say " I told you there are no muddies around to be caught"

I wonder every time.... #Let's hear from you again, with interest!!!

Scalem
    Hey Brian, Don't think this doesn't happen around our neck of the neighbourhood.
    I watched a pro pull traps down the Pin one day. I couldn't get a good shot though (with the camera) but I know he was pulling the pots of others up as I watched a poor punter drop his pots and this pro came about 15 minutes later and up they came.
    It happens everywhere.

What I'd really like to know is how many floats are just floating around the waterways (runaway pots and floats or floats that props etc have cut off the pot rope)??
    And everybody just looking and wondering who the wally was that put a pot down here in the middle of the channel but not game enough to see if they are strays just incase someone ups them.

Don't worry, if the pro's down there are anything like up here, he will know all about it. They tend to "police" themselves in this regard, and the punishment will involve a good caning and possibly a hessian bag to wipe his nose with. Good riddens. @ssholes.

Damo
    Give a man a fish, and he'll eat for a day. But ,flogging him into submission will result in him taking up crabbing.... and once he gets a taste of that sh*t, well, he may never return again.

Usually the mongrels just cut your floats off, they think they own the ocean.
    #

Too right Feral, couldn't agree with you more. #I've dropped #pots in the areas where the pros are working only to come back and find them gone. #Almost make you feel like booby trapping them.

Camo

on ya len

fight the fight

It's mongrels like this goose that would give all pro's a bad name in the eyes of us normal rec' fishers.
    I too hope the honest pros get to him soon and straighten him out. The last thing we need is for us to be bickering amongst ourselves(pros and rec fishers) when we need to all fight together in upcoming elections.

Yep.. I was lucky to catch him in the act as I was behind a reef and he would not have seen me. I would like to have given his boat a nudge but is was a solid fiberglass compare to my tinny and would have came out 2nd best.

The latest up date is I am still waiting to hear back from the fisheries on this matter as what action they took on this crab thief (if any) I will give them a reminder when I am ask for a fishing license next time.
    The best action in my books was to spread the word and the (word) is now out in our small town not only from myself but my pro fisho mates that also caught this crab thief lifting their traps NOW every body knows '' if not they soon will.''

My pro fisho mate had a knock on the door a couple of days ago and this guy introduced himself ,it was the crab thief's old man I believe also a pro fisho from another district just like his Son was. but his Son bought a local license in the buyback system, and he was sorry for his Son's actions as he is NEW in the area and would it be OK for his Son to call around and apologies as he is upset that he had done the wrong thing . ''NOT'' he was kindly told that his Son is best to stay away or he will get BASHED and his work mate is just as mad and he will get BASHED again, and he was told that he was also caught lifting amateur traps this week also, (being my trap) that was new news to the old man.

Anyway the boat the crab thief has been working out of is not licensed in his name so he cannot work in this boat with a restricted license without the owner another pro thief . so he was dobed in to the fisheries this week when he left the boat ramp about 6am they caught up to him and issued 2x $500 fines to the poor bugger and was told to pack up and get to shore.
    that information came from the dobber and it made my day..

cheers
    Len

#