Page 9 of 46 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Your thoughts on BCF

Re: Your thoughts on BCF

I went to BCF in Moss Street prior to Christmas. The young fellow who served me was very polite and helpful. He must have been an Ausfisher.
    saphire.

Hi ya Webby

ahhhh, the 70's and 80's, those were the good old days

Can't recall being asked by modern society I if I wanted to be treated as a number. [ch61516]

Guess talking about something amongst ourselves wouldn’t help or make a change after all... Shudder to think what would happen if we were all caught up in the flow of the masses that don't give a damn. Or worst still, if that was the adopted attitude of our forefathers….eeeeeekkkkkk.

Perhaps instead of clicking their fingers (these super stores) to produce staff that are conversant or experience, they could try interviewing candidates best for the job, (maybe those that are aged between 35 and 65 instead of saving wages on hiring junior staff, surely what they lose in wages for aged experience, they would gain in sale).

But hey!!!! What can we do, apart from voice our concerns and suggest ways in which they can improve on getting more of our hard earn dollars.

*Said in no harshness or as a personal attack, maybe with just a tad of sarcasm*

Juicy

Went to the Keppera one today .................. WOW it is big, asked for a price on a inflatable life jacket and the guy didn't know what i was talking about, but said he would find out. Came back with a second sales assistant and the second guy explained to him how they worked and the prices of each type. I was impressed, Genuine interest from the first guy as it was explained to him. Was bugger all workers in the store, but they were all helpful and courteous. S%#! they have some stock in there.

I have found the BCF store in Townsville to be great. Like any retail outlet, when #a store has a special on, there most times always gonna win the race. For total range and price, their hard to beat. Little tackle stores can monitor there prices a lot easier with only 100 products or so. Its always hard to find boating gear open on a Sunday too. Yes, shop around but they do match competitor's prices. I saved $156 buying my esky there on special pre. xmas compared to the local camping chain. The best thing i found out was that their sales people aren't on commission, so there not forcing you to buy things. Tight lines everyone

After all this valuable feedback , lets hope this is NOT a picture of BCF management

Well after reading these replies I am starting to think the average fisher has limited intelligence to think beyond their tackle box. Firstly these BCF stores are new to the game and would not yet have the buying power of a Franchise set up, I think they have 12 stores according to their web site. So I believe if given a go they will sharpen their pricing as they look around and get a feel for the market from other outlets. You talk about about supporting the locals, well hello these stores create job for the local people of mixed ages. I have shopped at the Townsville store on three occasions and have been more than happy with the service. Yes they have some young people, but how are they ever going to develop and gain the knowledge if no one gives them a go. These young people have always gone and grabbed someone with more experience if they could not help me out. I know the guy at the Townsville store in fishing has been working in the fishing industry for years at different tackle shops around town because I have dealt with him. I believe he has more knowledge than most and over time will pass this on to the young bloke who helped me out. I needed a new anode for my boat and BCF was the only place open Saturday afternoon I could buy one from. I work in retail myself and know it will take some time to sort out how much stock they will need to carry to ensure they don't run out. I still think they would have the largest range in one shop, especially in Townsville. Stop being a mob of wowsers and give them a go. I will still shop with these guys and as they get it sorted, I am sure the Ausfishers out there will be the ones to benefit long term.
    Boney

I live in Townsville and have shopped at the BCF store and visited on a couple of occasions. They were no cheaper than any of the local guys on most products and their staff that tried to help me had no knowledge of their products. This is what happens when you offer employees shitty Australian Workplace Agreement's instead of paying a reasonable wage and attacting experienced staff. For example I looked at a chartplotter and asked where the map cartridge was so I could look at my local areas by comparing the different cartographies available. I was told that the unit already had a map in it. I was then explained that the maps show all the wrecks and reefs ect. I demonstrated to the salesman that the map he was referring to was the internal map and was nothing more than a gimmick with no information. I asked to look at a unit with a map cartridge in it and was told that they don't do that. I then explained why I wanted to look at the different options out there but this was to no avail. I then asked him why I should spend over $1000 on a chartplotter when I can't even try it in the shop. Last time I looked he was still standing there with a confused look and wondering how he was going to answer the question. I must admit though that Shane Bradley who works there in the fishing department is very helpful and experienced. Its a shame the rest of the store is poor on service and knowledge. I will continue to support the local guys who are very competitive on price these days

Been to our local one 4 or 5 times... staff offered help but failed to have the knowledge to follow through.

the local bcf capalabar was ok but you have to remember its up to you to do your own home work getting info about a product your after. how many brands are there of the same thing but only one will be the best for you which you will buy wether its buy price or buy brand
    get it

Figjamm

Quote Originally Posted by .lures
    They are not there to teach you how to tie knots or rig baits they are there for convenience.
    I don't think anyone here's expecting lessons in knots, etc.... just some friendly staff who look like they're interested in serving the customers. I've been into our closest store about 6 times now, and still haven't stuck a checkout person who can even crack a smile!

Quote Originally Posted by .lures
    And before someone tells me you cant beat your local tackle #I used to own one in Townsville and no matter how loyal your customers are they will still go to BCF's and Amarts and then come back and screw you
    One #of our local tackle shop owners has told me to shop around, then come and see him. Perhaps he enjoys being screwed

Quote Originally Posted by webby
    We Aussies seem to be turning into a pack of whingers and want want want, especially service that doesnt exist anymore.
    I wouldn't call it whinging, people have merely expressed their opinions.... some good, some bad.

The days of good service in any store has gone by the way side, and its all caused by todays modern society, fast pace and the all mighty dollar.
    What a shame that in the process modern society has wiped the smile from the faces of so many employees :-(

Except for the small stores, where good service is required to keep loyal customer and the cash register ticking over, otherwise they are swept away by the big conglomerants, and there isnt too many these days that can compete with bigger store prices.
    I'm prepared to try the big stores as well as the small, but in the end I'll drive out of my way and even pay extra $$'s if I know I am going to get servce with a smile.

Quote Originally Posted by juicyfruit
    Perhaps instead of clicking their fingers (these super stores) to produce staff that are conversant or experience, they could try interviewing candidates best for the job, (maybe those that are aged between 35 and 65 instead of saving wages on hiring junior staff, surely what they lose in wages for aged experience, they would gain in sale).
    I prefer to see a blend of seniors and juniors in any store... the juniors have to start somewhere. We can only hope the seniors train them up right :-)

--
    Bev

bidkev

Quote Originally Posted by ColacGirl
    [<snip>

but in the end I'll drive out of my way and even pay extra $$'s if I know I am going to get servce with a smile.
    Here's the petrol money, I'll be in the shower

kev <with a big smile (amongst other things)>

Figjamm

Quote Originally Posted by kingtin
    [quote author=ColacGirl link=1136774559/120#129 date=1137153666][<snip>

but in the end I'll drive out of my way and even pay extra $$'s if I know I am going to get service with a smile.

kev <with a big smile (amongst other things)> #
    [/quote]

How's your after sales service and gimme a look at your refund policy.... for that kinda drive I wanna be sure that satisfaction is guaranteed! #

bidkev

Quote Originally Posted by ColacGirl
    [quote author=kingtin link=1136774559/120#130 date=1137155732][quote author=ColacGirl link=1136774559/120#129 date=1137153666][<snip>

but in the end I'll drive out of my way and even pay extra $$'s if I know I am going to get service with a smile.

kev <with a big smile (amongst other things)> #
    [/quote]

How's your after sales service and gimme a look at your refund policy.... for that kinda drive I wanna be sure that satisfaction is guaranteed! #

[/quote]

Speaking of after sales service.............I could murder a ciggy!

This, after lecturing Troy

Enjoy your sojourn, and here's hoping the mozzies stay away.

kev

Figjamm

Quote Originally Posted by kingtin
    [quote author=ColacGirl link=1136774559/120#131 date=1137161509
    Speaking of after sales service.............I could murder a ciggy!
    This, after lecturing Troy

Ah, so you were really offering me petrol money to bring you a ciggy, or two or three ;-)

Enjoy your sojourn, and here's hoping the mozzies stay away.

Will do.... mozzies & crabs seem to go together, so we'll spray ourselves, put up the screens and hope for the best. # Ross has to work this a.m so we'll miss the morning high tide for accessing the new spot .... will have to make do covering old ground.

Bev,

LMAO at your reply to Kev. What a comeback !! Brilliant !!

TOL