Page 7 of 46 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Your thoughts on BCF

Re: Your thoughts on BCF

heard a "story" the other day (from a reliable source, usually)

the cheap flares that a customer bought were out of date

seeing as our store has only been open for a month or two..this seems very weird.

or is it a lack of attention due to the untrained staff members????

I personally don't mind the BCF stores, I've been to the Strathpine and Brown Plain stores, found the browns plains ones definately more helpful. Big guy in there called Dave (as mentioned previous in this thread), seems to be quite knowledgeable and is quite happy to help you if he's not busy. The service isn't always great, one thing that annoys me is that they only ever seem to have one register open late, no matter how many staff are sitting around. I do like the fact however that I can go in and browse, and quite often I don't want to be bothered every 5 minutes by a staff member, so I'm happy just to look around and when I want some info I will ask for it, I think they have their place.

rmg's 2 for ten bucks

and those barra mags11 cm 10 bucks each atm

NeilD

I went into the Lawnton Store and spent 5 mins hunting down some Bushmans. No one to ask except for the eight staff hanging around the cash registers chatting to each other. I didn't want to disturb them as they looked like they were having a good time.
    You can't complain about the service. There was none

Hi Guys,

I went to the slacks creek store only one time and this being the first time I found a customer arguing with the staff over something.They obviously were not happy with something and i aint going to hang around to find out what.

The thing that I was mostly impressed with was the large range that they had available on there shelves.

Bias Boating store at Underwood on the otherhand are bloody fantastic.
    The staff go out of there way to be freindly and very helpful without pushing the boundaries.

Got to love the old fashion service. A business can be very successful with just that one word.

Cheers

MIKOS

Ps all, Good to see the normal smilies back again.

The one at Capalaba doesn't seem too bad with enough staff walking around asking if they can help you, but they really need to keep their shelves stocked with terminal tackle.

Very annoying when there's hardly any line or hooks on the shelves.

TOL

I prefer to support ausfish where ever possible.

The prices at bcf are not very competative on a lot of items. I asked to see some rod blanks, and I was shown fishing rods without reels attached.

roz
    GO THE CRUISER UTES!

....OH WHAT A FEELING!

Barrymundi

usury employer = Please explain ?

I love the way there have been lots of comments made by people here, I work at a bcf and am very happy to work there. I have had many years in retail tackle in brisbane and on the gold coast. I have found that customers are the same every where, the ones that complain the loudest are usually the ones that want you to drop everything and look after them exclusively for hours on end so that they can spend $2 and then complain they are hard done by. Or they butt in and try to drag you away when you are trying to look after a customer who has arrived earlier and has waited patiently to be assisted. I have also worked at Clark Rubber and the reason I left there was the arrogance of the customers. It is a two way street folks and there must be some give and take. I walk 8 - 10 likometres a day up and down aisles checking customers are ok and are finding what they are looking for. The other thing to remember is that I can have 6 or 7 customers come in one after the other and each will require help with a different style of fishing, to be able to assist each person requires a great deal of experience and there are a very limited number of people with that sort of experience available. It is also a bonus for me as a staff member of bcf if a customer actually has some idea of what he/she wants or is after. I am proud of the service I give to my customers and am finding I am getting repeat customers who come looking for me so, I also have customers returning to thank me for putting them onto the right gear and or place. I assume I am doing something right.
    I think part of the problem here is a result of the closed shop mentality the retail tackle industry has had, for many years you could only get a job in this industry if you "knew" or were related to someone. This has meant that experienced people are now short on the ground and opening a chain like bcf wil make the problem worse in the short term. Yes not all the prices are cheaper and some are dearer than your local tackle store but I have seen at least two stores whose prices have dropped after a bcf opened near them, what does that tell you. I also spend a fair amount of my time off shecking out other tackle stores to see what is being offered etc. BCF has been on the go for omly a few months , yes there are teething problems and yes they are being fixed. I have found BCf agreat place to work and a great place to shop, even before they gave me a job.

great to hear an actual employee have a say

i like that

however it does nothing for all those that have found it disappointing

it also does nothing for those that have had good service.

we all work(most do anyway)

and we all have a responsibility to the consumer of our goods
    sometimes the service is below what people expect.

a one stop shop..i think the ad says...well sorry...but its not close yet...but critism at this point can only improve that over time

Good return serve antcient tinny.

But I find its not only places like BCF & the mart that shall not be named. Sure its more of a prob with the these places due to the age of the attendants. No real idea of customer service with the exception of a few. I went to one of the big tackle shops on the Goldy many years ago & had to pull one of the guys away from their mothers meeting so I could pay them for some tackle. Havn't been back for about 5 years now.

Gave them a bit of a test with my mate who visits there a bit ordering some parts for my TSS4 just before xmas. Ordered 2 parts, got 1 only. Yep, nothing has changed.
    Heath
    Gold Coast
    WWW.GCFISHING.COM

I've read all the posts, at no time did I read that someone was trying to take a salesman away from another customer, what I did read was that most salesmen could be found conversing amongst themselves.

In my profession, hospitality, customers that complain the loudest are usually the ones that have taken enough and need to be heard.

And maybe on a little 'nitpicking' note......what’s it matter if the customer spends $2 or $2000, you are on a wage and will still receive your hourly rate, no matter what they spent....

Can't imagine how much service a customer would receive if some salesmen were working on commission....(this wasn't directed to you, just in general).

You may be one of the 'better' salesmen at BCF, but there are, from my own experience and from what I have read on this site, you are the exception of the rule.

Juicy

luress

They are not there to teach you how to tie knots or rig baits they are there for convenience.No-one in kmart tells you whats good about a bbq or why that shirts 10 bucks and that ones 30The staff in most tackle stores will not be able to tell you the ins and outs of all there products either.Once upon a time we used to get our petrol pumped for use now you can do your grocery shopping there aswell.Its called convenience.
    And before someone tells me you cant beat your local tackle I used to own one in Townsville and no matter how loyal your customers are they will still go to BCF's and Amarts and then come back and screw you
    regards gary

Quote Originally Posted by ancienttinnie
    I love the way there have been lots of comments made by people here, I work at a bcf and am very happy to work there. I have had many years in retail tackle in brisbane and on the gold coast. I have found that customers are the same every where, the ones that complain the loudest are usually the ones that want you to drop everything and look after them exclusively for hours on end so that they can spend $2 and then complain they are hard done by. Or they butt in and try to drag you away when you are trying to look after a customer who has arrived earlier and has waited patiently to be assisted. I have also worked at Clark Rubber and the reason I left there was the arrogance of the customers. It is a two way street folks and there must be some give and take. I walk 8 - 10 likometres a day up and down aisles checking customers are ok and are finding what they are looking for. The other thing to remember is that I can have 6 or 7 customers come in one after the other and each will #require help with a different style of fishing, to be able to assist each person requires a great deal of experience and there are a very limited number of people with that sort of experience available. It is also a bonus for me as a staff member of bcf if a customer actually has some idea of what he/she wants or is after. I am proud of the service I give to my customers and am finding I am getting repeat customers who come looking for me so, I also have customers returning to thank me for putting them onto the right gear and or place. I assume I am doing something right.
    I think part of the problem here is a result of the closed shop mentality the retail tackle industry has had, for many years you could only get a job in this industry if you "knew" or were related to someone. This has meant that experienced people are now short on the ground and opening a chain like bcf wil make the problem worse in the short term. Yes not all the prices are cheaper and some are dearer than your local tackle store but I have seen at least two stores whose prices have dropped after a bcf opened near them, what does that tell you. I also spend a fair amount of my time off shecking out other tackle stores to see what is being offered etc. BCF has been on the go for omly a few months , yes there are teething problems and yes they are being fixed. I have found BCf agreat place to work and a great place to shop, even before they gave me a job.
    As per my previous post, I went into the Keperra store..racks full of rods and hardly a price on any of them. There was a staff member sitting on the floor packing shelves in those aisles..not a word..did not even look up to ask if I needed attention...I went to the front of the store to find a staff member but they all appeared busy with their chatting so I thought it would be rude to interrupt their frivolity to maybe do a little work. As for the $2 comment...I went elsewhere that day and spent almost $400..I just happened to have about $2k in my pocket that day and it would not have worried me if I had spent it. One bad experience and I do not bother going back into the store again...I really do not have the time to waste in a store where service is totally non-existent. The person that may spend $2 today could also be the person that spends thousands tomorrow of they like the service they received the first time.

It is good to hear that some people have read my post, I will also say that when I got the position there I was told Iwas there to help customers and make sure they got what they came in for as far as possible. As for the $2 comment it was not aimed at any person or business directly but was rather something that has been happening in all my time in retail. If someone has $2 0r $2000 I try to give them the best service I can and to hell with what the boss thinks and yes I do get into trouble sometimes. If you find the staff all talking out the front and apparently having a good time please interrupt them - they are giving me a bad name.