Page 44 of 46 FirstFirst ... 34353637383940414243444546 LastLast

Thread: Your thoughts on BCF

Re: Your thoughts on BCF

Got the oportunity to burn some sausages at the last club night at BCF Loganholme to raise funds for VMR Victoria Point. It is great that they support local marine rescue.
    Thanks BCF, I hope we can do it again.
    Cheers Ian

Quote Originally Posted by I GOT CRABS View Post
    how does tackleworld's loyalty program work?
    G'day

I'm not sure but if it's the same as my local (wellington point marine) then just being a good customer and taking others there is loyal enough for them. Over time my discounts have grown, making his all ready cheap prices cheaper. Not to mention the wisdom which is priceless.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Blackened View Post
    G'day

I'm not sure but if it's the same as my local (wellington point marine) then just being a good customer and taking others there is loyal enough for them. Over time my discounts have grown, making his all ready cheap prices cheaper. Not to mention the wisdom which is priceless.

Dave
    And he's a top bloke to boot
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

i have two local tackle shop all with in 5 min one been BCF at Virgina, i get great advice from both on different types of fishing and tackle and have no hesitation on using either.

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by finga View Post
    And he's a top bloke to boot
    G'day

Damn right.

To give you an Idea..... I had just purchased an all round LED white light. Identical to this http://www.whitworths.com.au/main_it...AbsolutePage=2

I went to BCF Capalaba... they had 2 styles of all round white light in stock.... only one suitable and both incandescent.

I went to my "local" which is wellington point marine, and paid over $15 cheaper than whitworths "special" price.... and $40 cheaper than their RRP. That's just my "loyalty" discount.

By the way, That light I have now is so bloody bright, I'm very very impressed with its construction, design and output.

Dave

what new store opens with no problems?

in time service will improve and the prices will all be the same or similar as every store owner checks out their completion on a daily basis.

If you have a complaint and you want it fixed buy some shares and have your say

i agree the service is bad but on average across the board they are much the same compared to tackle stores

I dont think about BCF ( or Anaconda) Certainly not for fishing tackle ......... mostly overpriced with little in the way of advice or knowledge.

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

least i can take the wife to a bcf

after a few visits over the last 12 years together to various sydney stores, where the language is dreadfull or they just oggle any female that walks in

profesionalism in tackle stores is vary rare.

only go to bcf if i cant make it to the 3 sydney stores i use andneed something in a hurry

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    I dont think about BCF ( or Anaconda) Certainly not for fishing tackle ......... mostly overpriced with little in the way of advice or knowledge.

Chris
    Yep...if you want to choke on your sausage sizzle, wander into Anaconda and check out how much they charge for a Jackall Mask Vibe.
    So shines a good deed in a weary world
    - William S Shakespeare and William S Wonka_

you may find the marked prices a little cheaper in BCF,but if you frequent your local tackle shop you will probably find that once they know you ,you will get a discount as well as some good advice.lets not let these big guys eat up our local tackle stores.my local guys are all experienced fishos, and i will happily pay 5% more for the great service.now even my girlfriend goes in there to pick up stuff they know i will need.

Quote Originally Posted by Little grey men View Post
    Yep...if you want to choke on your sausage sizzle, wander into Anaconda and check out how much they charge for a Jackall Mask Vibe.
    Yup .... wondered into Anaconda once - got shocked that they were charging $60-$100 more for most Daiwa baitcast reels Looked at a few other things $2 (15%) more for a TT Vibe - Forget it !
    A shop for those that really dont know what they want or what that should pay for it

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Definatedly much dearer in a lot of cases......Bought a Coleman Camp light at Fishing Camping and Boating for $69......same item from the big snake $129.....the only reason I go in there is to kill time while the Child Bride is shopping at Spotlight

I've heard bad reports too but I've never had a problem. Maybe its because I prefer not to be hassled when I go into a shop but when I have asked for help they have been polite and willing to help. I do still support my local tackle shop when I get fishing gear though.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Zero View Post
    you may find the marked prices a little cheaper in BCF,but if you frequent your local tackle shop you will probably find that once they know you ,you will get a discount as well as some good advice.lets not let these big guys eat up our local tackle stores.my local guys are all experienced fishos, and i will happily pay 5% more for the great service.now even my girlfriend goes in there to pick up stuff they know i will need.
    That is half the trouble Capn,once they know you.I've walked into the local blokes shop when I've been on holiday and they tend to be a little stand offish to say the least.Some places you're practically ignored,others give a non local very vague info. I can understand why people prefer to shop at BCF and the like as you will receive info, unasked for quite often,and maybe not the good oil, but without the atmosphere that permeats a lot of tackle shops. The good ones are like diamonds,finding them is the key.
    Paulo

there not that cheap for such a big company that would buy all the gear in bulk,saved myself $135 on a 700 calcutta by taking a drive to a smaller shop that is about 45mins drive from my joint