Page 40 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3031323334353637383940414243444546 LastLast

Thread: Your thoughts on BCF

Re: Your thoughts on BCF

i wonder if bunnings is owned by same people , the service there is also crap

Someone euthanase this thread please

Mike

Seconded
    Chimo
    What could go wrong.......................

I think it's a great thread
    Regards

mod5

Quote Originally Posted by mally View Post
    i wonder if bunnings is owned by same people , the service there is also crap
    No, and yes it is

Its still going,please somebody kill me
    George
    At Heaven's gate a soldier stood,
    his story ready to tell,
    St Peter said, 'no need my son all is understood,
    Go right in cos you've already served your time in Hell'

Quote Originally Posted by mod5 View Post
    I think it's a great thread
    any reason why??? because most of it is against BCF????

My mates and I have often discussed the customer service aspect to tackle shops. Like most danglers we would rather pay a bit extra to support the local store if the service is there...if I were to open my own tackle store I would make customer service a priority.....the first thing I would ask my customers would be "where and what do you fish for ?"....lets face it, we all love to brag about our conquests and the proprietor gets to learn as well as pass on specific information that may be of help to the customer....

Quote Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
    I think its a great thread as it gives the good and bad. Many people shop there and things are always changing so keep it alive I say.

For the record, I am not against BCF. Just their ethos, there is still good reason to shop there.
    Last edited by roydsy; 21-06-2007 at 01:46 PM.
    Not enough time in the day, to many spots to fish!

Quote Originally Posted by boombah View Post
    My mates and I have often discussed the customer service aspect to tackle shops. Like most danglers we would rather pay a bit extra to support the local store if the service is there...
    I agree, but when the difference in price (for the exact same item) is 25% and I am spending over $1000, I wont spend that $250 just to be nice.

However, quite often the local tackle store is cheaper on certain items, and also will heve different items of better quality, so without a doubt I will shop there.

Quote Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
    Most of it isnt against BCF. Not only that its a good study of the psychology of human nature.
    Regards

mod5

i love it , reading all the good n bad feedback keep it going i say

anyone got any feedback back on the coffs bcf store ???

Last weekend I bought my first baitcaster, we went to the local tackle shop first, but they only had kids running around. So then we went to BCF and got great service. I think it just depends on which city you live in. I know at Maroochydore the local tackle shop is great - the people that run it are so knowlagable. But when you go to BCF there its no where near as good.

James

I think it's a bit like bunnings. You don't go there for a opposite threaded, diamond hardened high speed drill bit. You go there for a peice of mdf to put a roof on the doghouse.

The shame of bunnings is the little local hardwares are suffering and I see the likes of BCF haveing the same impact on the little corner 'bait and tackle' places where you get gear and great advice.

"no, you don't want herring, the trevally at the weir have been absolutely smashing these little lures. No not that colour, this one."

ED: we are still going to need our proper shops for proper chandlery and tackle and such but bcf makes the last minute 'gotta get a .... ' easy if not a little pricey.
    Last edited by thatp1g; 07-07-2007 at 09:08 PM.