Page 36 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast

Thread: Your thoughts on BCF

Re: Your thoughts on BCF

Quote Originally Posted by shaman View Post
    So what makes you think you know what the truth is, "Mate"
    Because I know he was only employed for the xmas period "mate" as with many big retail outlets, xmas easter and other busy periods casuals are hired for the busy period. Try reading between the lines, he was only there for xmas and then finished up and is now dirty that he was not kept on. Do you see Big W, Bunnings, Target, Coles or Woolies xmas casuals on here winging that they were not kept on? Fair go boys, slag it off for all the reasons you see just, but make sure its facts not hear say.

Quote Originally Posted by shaman View Post
    So what makes you think you know what the truth is, "Mate"

There are actually three sides to every story. Your side my side and the truth.

[quote=cdg81;587962]some fair comments there everyone, i noticed that heaps of you said that you will support the little guys, bet you dont buy your meat at a butcher .i support the little bloke ,and yes i do buy from a butcher,bob h

[quote=mylestom;588214]A little bit off topic but still concerning customer service.

Went to BCF the other day in Coffs Harbour, looking at camping gear for upcoming trip.

Being disabled, noticed that there was a F100 parked in two car parks one being the disabled park. Went in a spoke to bloke on counter and asked if he could get the driver to move car as was taking up two spaces including the disabled one.

He advised me that it was his car and that was all the parking, that was left when he came back from lunch. So he parked between two parks including the disabled and prevented anyone else parking in either. Wasn't apologitic at all and didn't think that there was anything wrong with it.

Didn't bite, but had a look around shop and left approx 10 minutes later. Yep he was still parked across two car parks.

The F100 was red and white with canopy and didn't have NSW number plates.

Guess if that was his level of customer concern to park illegallly in a disabled park then don't think much of the store either.

Just a personal opinion.

It makes my blood boil to see people misusing these parks.

it makes my blood boil when there are plenty of disabled parks unused, and the disabled park in the other spots,and also i notice the amount of disabled parkers who jump out of there cars,sprint off to the shops. obviously not real hard to get a sticker these days,i have stuffed knees and have to walk heaps to get to shop ,and see these so -called handicapped get out with lot less handicapp than myself,i,m not saying they are all like that but a lot are,and try looking for a park when the ordinary parks are full of mobility scooters.bob h

I agree with shano, the browns plains store seems ok, even got a couple of tips, which I didn't expect from a corprate store

Went to BCF the other day in Coffs Harbour, looking at camping gear for upcoming trip.

Being disabled, noticed that there was a F100 parked in two car parks one being the disabled park. Went in a spoke to bloke on counter and asked if he could get the driver to move car as was taking up two spaces including the disabled one.

He advised me that it was his car and that was all the parking, that was left when he came back from lunch. So he parked between two parks including the disabled and prevented anyone else parking in either. Wasn't apologitic at all and didn't think that there was anything wrong with it.

Didn't bite, but had a look around shop and left approx 10 minutes later. Yep he was still parked across two car parks.

The F100 was red and white with canopy and didn't have NSW number plates.

Guess if that was his level of customer concern to park illegallly in a disabled park then don't think much of the store either.

Just a personal opinion.

It makes my blood boil to see people misusing these parks.

it makes my blood boil when there are plenty of disabled parks unused, and the disabled park in the other spots,and also i notice the amount of disabled parkers who jump out of there cars,sprint off to the shops. obviously not real hard to get a sticker these days,i have stuffed knees and have to walk heaps to get to shop ,and see these so -called handicapped get out with lot less handicapp than myself,i,m not saying they are all like that but a lot are,and try looking for a park when the ordinary parks are full of mobility scooters.bob h
    Grrrrrrr I would be pretty peeved too on that..How dare he..I would of made a deal out of it..Its like Youngens parking there dam cars in a parents with prams park, Iv had a few Words exchanged on that note, even if they are Bigger than me..

Theres Nothing like a good days fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by kelkhesha View Post
    Because I know he was only employed for the xmas period "mate" as with many big retail outlets, xmas easter and other busy periods casuals are hired for the busy period. Try reading between the lines, he was only there for xmas and then finished up and is now dirty that he was not kept on. Do you see Big W, Bunnings, Target, Coles or Woolies xmas casuals on here winging that they were not kept on? Fair go boys, slag it off for all the reasons you see just, but make sure its facts not hear say.
    I wasn't referring to his employment contract or lack of it, what I couldn't work out was how you could make statements about his alleged "gasbagging" and alleged lack of "time management" when you ,to the best of our knowledge, don't know what the circumstances were or are. I could be mistaken but it sounded to me like you were giving the lad a browbeating about his lack of retail expertise.
    I just felt sorry for him and thought it would be remiss of myself not to defend him ........................................Shaman
    P.s I don't mind BCF as I shop around and some of their products are reasonably priced.

look BCF has a great range & shite loads of money to throw around & they lure you in with the range they have but there is no doubt they are overpriced, some products by 20%+. I just prefer to shop at my local tackle/campingshop because once they're gone it just becomes a monopoly for BCF & the prices will go up again. If for some reason I see a product in a BCF catalogue I ask my local to match the price (if they're higher of course) & I've never been knocked back (i've also never had to ask that much). With the size of this company & the buying power they would have one would think the prices are keener but it's not the case. I reckon this is the biggest slap in the face of all.

As long as my locals are in business they will always get my hard earned.

If you buy from these 'megastores' I believe you are only supporting much higher prices now & in the future & your kidding yourself.

eg. $185 tarp at Tentworld - $229 at BCF same brand.

Go figure.

Matt
    c'mon, take the bait....

You cant be serious about this thread, all this whingeing because of nothing, so they employ young people, better they have a job than don't, and if a mob of whiners cause them to quit before they can learn anything who's fault is it that they know bugger all and is there some giant pool of fishing experts looking for work that they can just scoop some out of, get real. If their price is too high take your money elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by biosbro View Post
    l

eg. $185 tarp at Tentworld - $229 at BCF same brand.

Go figure.

Matt
    I can confirm a particular tarp price bought last week. 150something at BCF, 125 at an unnamed store...........add to that, the store was/is doing 25% off. I honestly don't know why such buying power in a huge concern isn't being passed on to the customer. Gamakatsu hooks averaging 2 to 4 dollars a box more than other stores northside.

I'm absolutely gobsmacked that anyone in the Northside of Brizzy could consider them reasonable pricewise. Even smaller retailers such as tackle world, Sundown Marine and Northside Marine can offer better deals. The only thing going for BCF is the range of tackle, and to be honest, I don't even think they offer as good a range in the camping department, (at Lawnton) as the original store did.

Mesh guards for gas lamps......they don't stock............even a small camping department such as K mart stock them. I suppose they reckon that they'll get more sales if you keep breaking the glass............like I do

Pole bags (zippered with shoulder straps) they don't stock. Clamp on rod holders, they don't stock............I could go on and on about items that they don't and won't forseeably stock (I've asked), despite me managing to buy them elsewhere (so they do exist). I'd love to give 'em my business but it seems they don't want it

Market forces dictate that if something sells well at a given price, then that is the price it will continue to be sold at even though the mark up may be higher than the norm. BCF is still testing the market and IMHO if we the customer continue to buy at their prices simply because it's a good looking store with a huge range, then we'll reap the benefits of lack of choice and higher prices in the future. If they corner the market, they will dictate the market.

For me, the BCF thread (and my main concern) has nothing to do with lack of service, or lack of knowledgeable staff but quite simply that despite what others have said here, they are grossly overpriced and do NOT have a huge range in all departments. They are woefully lacking in the camping department and chandlery compared to many other stores.

Personally, I couldn't care less about this thread, I am just so gobsmacked by the comments that other folks think that they are reasonable. We must be spoiled for choice northside 'cause that isn't my experience at all.

kev
    Last edited by kingtin; 22-03-2007 at 04:00 PM.

See my breeder fish photography here: https://kevindickinsonfineartphot.sm...opical-Fish-2/
    Quality digital copies free to Ausfishers............use as wallpaper or can be printed......size up to 20 x16. PM for details.

I bought 6 Tilsan lures this week for $5 each from BCF and two packets of hooks I could not get from anywhere else. The Tilsan's retail for around $15 each elsewhere.
    I buy my Gamakatsu hooks from MO tackle $19, $25 from ABC mart, not available at BCF and $35 at my local tackle store, my River2Sea slugs come from MO tackle for around $4 each, $9 at my local tackle store, $8 at BCF from memory.
    But honestly who cares.

Quote Originally Posted by johnlikes2fish View Post
    I bought 6 Tilsan lures this week for $5 each from BCF and two packets of hooks I could not get from anywhere else. The Tilsan's retail for around $15 each elsewhere.
    I buy my Gamakatsu hooks from MO tackle $19, $25 from ABC mart, not available at BCF and $35 at my local tackle store, my River2Sea slugs come from MO tackle for around $4 each, $9 at my local tackle store, $8 at BCF from memory.
    But honestly who cares.
    You do, otherwise you wouldn't waste time typing

kev

See my breeder fish photography here: https://kevindickinsonfineartphot.sm...opical-Fish-2/
    Quality digital copies free to Ausfishers............use as wallpaper or can be printed......size up to 20 x16. PM for details.

I am not like you John...if I want to buy something like tackles I go to the local tackle shop...pay their price and go about my business...easy parking there...plenty of help ..as with BCF in the larger centres..parking is a pain in the butt....takes longer to get served...my time is more valuable to me than going from one store to another to save a couplel of bucks.

Here is a good example of a young salesperson...this was not at a BCF store but a recently opened "superstore"..I was with an ausfish couple..they wanted to buy a fishing item..price on tag - $40...young salesperson said "You should have been here 2 weeks back, they were on special for $25." I immediately said I could accept that the special was finished but my mate was not going to pay any more than $30 for the item. He made a quick phone call..and came back..yes..$30 it is. Now how bloody dumb is that salesperson..cost his store $10..I wonder if he does that on every item. $10 may not seem much but on a $40 item it is..25%..won;t make much money if he keeps giving 25% discounts.

My BCF near work (Lawnton) has really lifted their customer service game. You still have to know what you should be paying for an item but at least you are not feeling that you don't exist like when they opened

Cheers

Neil

Quote Originally Posted by johnlikes2fish View Post
    , so they employ young people, better they have a job than don't, and if a mob of whiners cause them to quit before they can learn anything who's fault is it that they know bugger all and is there some giant pool of fishing experts looking for work that they can just scoop some out of, get real. .
    BRAVO....................................