Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Your thoughts on BCF

Re: Your thoughts on BCF

Support your local smaller tackle shop and i find you will always recieve the right advice and good customer service. I think the BCF's are just like super cheap auto, now who gets good service there and i won't buy anything from BCF cause all there workers have to sign one those new workplace aggreements. Support the little bloke.

Adds....

Hi all, I know we can't mention names here, but not familiar with bcf, is it a queensland thing? I get all my major tackle supplies from a certain mail order place in Coffs Harbour,, Mo something, anyway,as long as you know what you want, they are very good, far cheaper than most local shops. Muzz.

Most seem to be going along with my less than pleaseent experience,the 2nd visit i was there for half an hour trying to get some service.Went instead to my local chandlery shop and had what i needed in 2 minutes for less $$.

My 1st visit i was after some sp's(new to this)and purchased 2 x Berkly packs at what i thought was a good price,then a few days later i was in my local tackle store and was left a little perplexed at the price difference on the same sp's.I'm not talking a few cents cheaper either,between $2-$3 cheaper at my local.

I liken BCF to supercheap as they are owned by the same people.I do not go to supercheap anymore and will only use my locals now instead of a multinational.

Figjamm

Quote Originally Posted by devocean
    went to one at springwood, not a lot of staff,but ended up being served by someone who knew what he was talking about, so was all good.
    I have to agree with this comment about springwood, plus we got discount and a bonus gift

Can't say the same about the Gold Coast (north end)

I reckon they're a bit hit and miss.

My local (just up the road) has some absolute brain-deads, but one or two that are really on the ball. If you can work out which is whch, you're ok.

I reckon they're pretty good price-wise for the popular stuff, but the the local tackle shop gets the nod for anything less mainstream, offers a good yarn and always knocks a bit of the ticketed price anyway.

Horses for courses I suppose, but there's a place for both IMO.

Good luck,
    Mike

I went to the Keperra shop yesterday....spent quite a bit of time there and not one staff member asked if they could be of any assistance. I went to ask for some help but there were about 3 staff members standing near the checkout having a good ol natter and a giggle so I thought the better of disturbing their good time. I put back on the shelves what I had already gathered and left. Went to the tackle shop at the Bald Hills Flats...got great service and everything that I wanted..spent just under $400.00...seems like BCF does not need the money...too busy enjoying themselves to bother attending to customers..I won't be going back there.

The BCF in my area seems to only employ juniors that just don't seem to know their equipment and how to relate to the customer and the customers needs.

As for BCF's stocks and prices....they are well stocked on certain things and prices are reasonable, but a little shopping around can always find a better bargain then BCF are offer.

Rather support the local guy then BCF.

(rather spend an extra dollar for his pocket, support a local business and to be on first name bases with someone then be call Madam by some snotty kid that knows nothing and have the money go to some fatcat)

Juicy

The northern Gold Coast store is the main one i'm talking about.

How come we can't mention names of tackle stores?

Commodore

I give them 18mths, then there should be some real bargains , I did ask one staff member why the had 2000 million barra lures in SE Brisbane, he said barra lures what barra lures

NeilD

I have found pretty much the same thing. Good range of basic stuff but the prices are about 25% higher on most lures than @ fart or even the large retail stores. I don't mind paying a small premium at a local tackle store as the advice and service make up for it. These are sadly missing at BCF.

Neil

Hi all...

BCF owned by supercheap auto (Reg and Hazel Rowe)

I've been down to our local (Cannon Hill) 3 times for a
    browse only, and they appear to be more expensive
    on most items...
    I've found "Bloody Incredibly Anal Service"
    doesn't honour their guarantee to match
    competitor prices like they advertise they do,
    Whitworths will, but do so reluctantly, and treat you like
    a bit of a leper for asking them to do so.
    (Hey, its my money, gotta keep'em honest)

I found myself mixing it between the local bloke for terminal tackle,
    A "well advertised" sports store for rods'n'reels (only when they're on sale)
    and Glascraft for all the boating bits.

Harry..

bidkev

Quote Originally Posted by Bream_Reaper01
    The northern Gold Coast store is the main one i'm talking about.

How come we can't mention names of tackle stores?
    A Fart Hole Snorts peed on Ausfish and as for mentioning other stores......You have to be careful what you say because if you can't substantiate (prove) what you say and they think what you say is detrimental to their business, then they may sue.

kev

I found the BCF in Townsville to be dearer than the tackle shops, by a fair margin. Service was non existent. The staff seem fairly junior, and you can't expect kids to know too much. I guess they do the best they can. The 'Buy Immediately And Shove-off' store in Townsville has very rude staff who only want your money and then want you to leave and not interrupt their reading. They also appear to have little knowledge about the electronics they sell. I'll be sticking with the locals from now on.

BCF, Bunnings, Amart, Harvey Norman etc etc They are all the same, they bamboozle you with advertising, telling you that they are the cheapest over and over again. Then when you finally succumbe and stumble into their store you find that there is only the occasional good price. They use their buying power to rip the guts out of their suppliers without passing on the savings. So many people believe that a store offering to beat a competitors price by 10% must be the cheapest otherwise they wouldn't offer, not true, they depend on a lazy consumer who does no homework on the particular item that they are about to purchase.

There is however an upside to these places and that is the fact that they have such a large variety of items in each store that it almost justifies paying that little bit extra to save yourself some running around.

Oops, I think I need a step ladder to get down off my high horse... I wonder if the missus can pop down to the nearest megastore to pick one up for me?

Cheers Kev

I found the BCF in Townsville to be dearer than the tackle shops, by a fair margin. Service was non existent. The staff seem fairly junior, and you can't expect kids to know too much. I guess they do the best they can. The 'Buy Immediately And Shove-off' store in Townsville has very rude staff who only want your money and then want you to leave and not interrupt their reading. They also appear to have little knowledge about the electronics they sell. I'll be sticking with the locals from now on.
    I've been into the BCF store twice now for small items I was sure they would have. The first time a 7 pin trailer plug - after searching for ever to find where they were (or the tag was) I had to find someone to find out whether they had any or not - out of stock. Next time (the other day) I went to buy some rod holders I had spotted the first time I was in there - after searching (layout had changed slightly) and having a general look around - they were out of stock. I know this happens, but bit of bad luck. BIAS pricing was way cheaper on most things, however I will agree completely with the comment above - you have to ASK / Demand help at the Townsville store. I was in there for over an hour on Saturday and no one asked - I felt like I was interrupting the 3 staff standing at the counter doing something (talking).

that there is only the occasional good price. They use their buying power to rip the guts out of their suppliers without passing on the savings. So many people believe that a store offering to beat a competitors price by 10% must be the cheapest otherwise they wouldn't offer, not true, they depend on a lazy consumer who does no homework on the particular item that they are about to purchase.
    this observation is 110% correct. It sh*ts me how dumb the general public really are. In fact I see it time and time again - business you don't think will do well, but do. Similar to Flight Centre "Cheapest Flights guaranteed" - my sister was a manager there and they were only cheaper if you bought a price from a competing company, otherwise they'd rip you off. BCF has premium pricing on most boating / fishing items (from what I could see). I agree with supporting the local guys if they offer good service - can't beat good service and advice.